Forcing player models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidnightQ3
    I do play with utcomp 99% of the time. but for those random times when I play a pub it's so annoying when I can't see anyone.
    You can't see anyone because you're used to playing UTComp 99% of the time.

It's like being outside on a bright day, then walking indoors. It seems dark until your eyes get used to it.

That's not to say there aren't problems with the lighting, or the inconsistent brightness of the different skins. But Epic probably could have nipped most of the complaints in the bud if they hadn't included the pastel-shaded Thundercrash skins or the ridiculously dark Abbadon and Matrix.

Comment

I dun care if someone wants to force models, personally i like the variety

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
        lol well we can always slap pink on them

sorry couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by AoA Reclaimer
          lol well we can always slap pink on them

sorry couldn't resist
          **** right.

Comment

Time till this becomes an overblown flame war: very little.

Go brightskins GO!

Comment

Not from me you wont see anything about that, tired of beating the dead horse.

Comment

I don't see why people should be against the idea that others can prevent them being a darkskin like Matrix or Abaddon. The ultrabright skins don't really give much of an advantage - I use the brightened version of epic teamskins when playing with UTcomp rather than the neon flat color ones. It isn't any harder to see like that. In fact, I don't really mind playing a game with regular teamskins. I only think it's bad when people set themselves to some super dark, super skinny player model to get an advantage. Currently epic gives you the option of forcegorge or being stuck with people who want to use a darkskin on you. UTcomp lets you have variety and visibility. As for brightskins hampering my normal play - I can find people fine in Doom 3.

*Gets some marshmallows to roast on the pointless flames*

Comment

Wow, so far we're all agreeing the flames would be pointless.

Are we... getting somewhere? :weird:

*scared*

Comment

How can I make every model be Gorge?
                    Edit - ****, doesn´t work online.

Comment

You can see Rylisa way better than Gorge,if I could I´d force everything to Rylisa.I doubt that what nickless said works,I think I´ve tried it once and it didn´t.

Comment

Here´s how to turn defaultskins on and off ingame.

If you have two aliases free:

Aliases[35]=(Command="set unrealgame.deathmatch bforcedefaultcharacter true | set input [key] defoff",Alias="defon")
                        Aliases[36]=(Command="set unrealgame.deathmatch bforcedefaultcharacter false | set input [key] defon",Alias="defoff")

[key]=defon

If you two keys free (and not enough free aliases):

[key]=set unrealgame.deathmatch bforcedefaultcharacter true
                        [key]=set unrealgame.deathmatch bforcedefaultcharacter false

Players have to respawn before the change has an effect.

Comment

Originally posted by M0rtus
                          Wow, so far we're all agreeing the flames would be pointless.

Are we... getting somewhere? :weird:

*scared*

Comment

Working...
                          X