Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really it's not so much a matter of seeing or not seeing the other player. it's a matter of how easy it is for your eyes to focus on the player on the screen, and how your brain tracks the movements of the player you are aiming at. I think the invisibility booster is a good example of an extreme case of being hard to see. You can still see him, but it's just hard for your eyes and brain to track the other guy quickly.

To play the game at a competitive level, tracking the position of the enemy is fundamental, there should be no guesswork, no blurry camoflague player skins blending into the map, none of that nonsense. This is not a jungle warfare game of hide and seek. It's not splinter cell. It's UT, a fast paced shooter where the skill of the game lies in the moving and aiming, not in tactics that involve hiding in shadows and blending into the surroundings. I will never understand why people think that blending into a dark corner is part of the game's tactics. That's not the kind of game this is.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightQ3
      really it's not so much a matter of seeing or not seeing the other player. it's a matter of how easy it is for your eyes to focus on the player on the screen, and how your brain tracks the movements of the player you are aiming at. I think the invisibility booster is a good example of an extreme case of being hard to see. You can still see him, but it's just hard for your eyes and brain to track the other guy quickly.

To play the game at a competitive level, tracking the position of the enemy is fundamental, there should be no guesswork, no blurry camoflague player skins blending into the map, none of that nonsense. This is not a jungle warfare game of hide and seek. It's not splinter cell. It's UT, a fast paced shooter where the skill of the game lies in the moving and aiming, not in tactics that involve hiding in shadows and blending into the surroundings. I will never understand why people think that blending into a dark corner is part of the game's tactics. That's not the kind of game this is.
      /me agrees with every word. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by -=[BeR]=-
        /me agrees with every word. :up:
        /me too. :up:

VenomZERO is right too. No matter how you look at it, UTComp DOES make the game easier.

UTComp is designed for competitive play since competitive play has significantly higher standards than your average pub match.

I personally only play with UTComp on. I'm sure most skilled players do aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightQ3
          So your ideas on how the game is meant to be played differs from how (apperently) the creators thought. That's not bad, that's why they made it possible for everybody to mod the game.

But the fact remains that the game is meant to be played as it came out of the box (that doesn't include bugs/exploits that may get fixed over time).

Comment

Working...
          X