Clear All

Originally posted by Sidekicker
    You can only do it offline.

set XPawn MaxLights 0
    set XPawn AmbientGlow 255

in the console
    doesn't work

Comment

uh this is more suitable in the 'mapping' section of the forum, bunlit is only good for stuff in maps where the mapper considers the lighting to adversely affect the look of that particular object... its nothing much to do with gameplay at all, really...

Comment

well I don't recall where it came from, I think one of the patches or something, but bUnlit was supposed to be added to the config to make players stand out more. obviously it doesn't work.

Comment

Afaik, it never worked as an addition to the ini. You have to use the set command to make it work. Also trying it online might get you kicked by the masterserver.

Here´s a mutator which sets bunlit true for all players.
          noshadow1a.rar

However I guess most people prefer UTComp or TTM now.

Matrix bunlit false
          [screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Nickless/UT2004/Matrixlit.jpg[/screenshot]

Matrix bunlit true
          [screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Nickless/UT2004/Matrixunlit.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

Putting bUnlit or AmbientGlow into an INI file is nothing else than Voodoo. People do it because they believe in an effect, but in fact those INI lines are ignored because the properties in question are not declared as config properties in the source code.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
              Putting bUnlit or AmbientGlow into an INI file is nothing else than Voodoo. People do it because they believe in an effect, but in fact those INI lines are ignored because the properties in question are not declared as config properties in the source code.
              heh, finally. thx wormbo for the definitive answer.

so now my question is, can we put the commands in a config and exec it in game before joining a server and have it work? honestly I don't know why Epic hasn't built this stuff into the game, it's totally unplayable as it is with the darkly lit players.

Comment

Just don't play maps with that black skin bug like Compressed.
                Player visibility is fine in maps like Rankin if you adjust your display settings. (brightness, contrast, gamma, texture details)

Comment

On the subject of player skins and brightness, stating the obvious, there is definitely stark differences in the player models and how well they appear ingame.

The little skinny blue players are much harder to see than the big fat red (and blue) players. Certain skinny models are harder to detect than others.

Most levels are either dark or have texture colors that are more friendly to the blue skins on some skinny player models, such that they blend in more and are difficult to see.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightQ3
                    can we put the commands in a config and exec it in game before joining a server and have it work?
                    only with UT2003

Comment

Matrix bunlit true
                      [screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Nickless/UT2004/Matrixunlit.jpg[/screenshot] All I know is, this is how it's supposed to be. Why it was ever done the other way is one of the great mysteries of this game.

Comment

Matrix bunlit true
                        All I know is, this is how it's supposed to be. Why it was ever done the other way is one of the great mysteries of this game.
                        No it's not, being able to somewhat hide in dark corners is part of the tactics.
                        Having bUnlit=true for players is like playing Doom 3 without the darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Muerte_[TDS]
                          No it's not, being able to somewhat hide in dark corners is part of the tactics.
                          Having bUnlit=true for players is like playing Doom 3 without the darkness.
                          you think competitive players will play in the dark? think again. i'm just glad that there is utcomp.

Comment

you think competitive players will play in the dark? think again. i'm just glad that there is utcomp.
                            I never said they play in the dark. I think that they should play in the dark, because it's part of the game.

The reason "or else we can't see what we shoot at" is bogus, maybe it's the whole idea that you can't see them that well.

Personally I don't like dark levels, but that doesn't mean you should mess with the lights.

Comment

utcomp make the game easier - end of story

Comment

Originally posted by VenomZER0
                                utcomp make the game easier - end of story
                                It doesn't make it easier or harder, it's just different. Yes, it's easier for you to see the other guy, but that other guy can see you just as easy, so that cancels eachother out.

Comment

Working...
                                X