Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bUnlit=True

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    bUnlit=True

    bUnlit=True

    What is the purpose of that? It does nothing to make the players more visible so that can't be it.

    #2
    What ini is that in? Because I can't find it in either my UT2004 or User ini.

    Comment


      #3
      It makes this little shine ,like the shoulderlamps,just...somewhere else I think.Or was that bnocoronas=false?

      Comment


        #4
        If you are talking about mapping, if you set bUnlit = True on a surface or an SMesh it makes it so that lighting does not affect it, and is all bright, ugly, and doesn't have shadows on it.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by cAm
          If you are talking about mapping, if you set bUnlit = True on a surface or an SMesh it makes it so that lighting does not affect it, and is all bright, ugly, and doesn't have shadows on it.
          Ya in theory this setting is supposed to do exactly that for players, but it doesn't do anything. I want to know what it does do. Epic?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MidnightQ3
            bUnlit=True

            What is the purpose of that? It does nothing to make the players more visible so that can't be it.
            How exactly are you setting bUnlit on the players? You would have to have a mutator that specified a custom PlayerController class, that specified a custom Pawn class that was set to bUnlit, otherwise everything defaults.

            Comment


              #7
              Its what the player models shoud use by default so you can freaking see the things...







              /bait

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by MidnightQ3
                Ya in theory this setting is supposed to do exactly that for players, but it doesn't do anything. I want to know what it does do. Epic?
                It does nothing for players?
                Weird. Are you sure you're applying it to the pawn, not to the playercontroller?
                If all goes well this should remove all lighting from the character, often reducing his visibility to something worse than how it would be if he WAS lit. If you want to improve visibility using light, try the AmbientBrightness variable.

                Originally posted by Sidekicker
                Its what the player models shoud use by default so you can freaking see the players...
                Arr, that would actually make matters worse. You'd end up with players being rather dark (the default brightness) when they would be fully lit otherwise (because a bright lamp shines on them)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                  How exactly are you setting bUnlit on the players? You would have to have a mutator that specified a custom PlayerController class, that specified a custom Pawn class that was set to bUnlit, otherwise everything defaults.
                  This is a built-in feature of the game in 2k4. It's supposed to make players not be lit and look much brighter, but it doesn't work, so what does it do then?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by MidnightQ3
                    This is a built-in feature of the game in 2k4. It's supposed to make players not be lit and look much brighter, but it doesn't work, so what does it do then?
                    I've never heard of it...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Yeah, I don't see it in any of the menus, is it an ini option?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Boksha
                        Arr, that would actually make matters worse. You'd end up with players being rather dark (the default brightness) when they would be fully lit otherwise (because a bright lamp shines on them)
                        Forgot to mention that AmbientGlow should be set to 255

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Sidekicker
                          Forgot to mention that AmbientGlow should be set to 255
                          where?Can´t find that in any of my inis.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Twist4
                            where?Can´t find that in any of my inis.
                            You can only do it offline.

                            set XPawn MaxLights 0
                            set XPawn AmbientGlow 255

                            in the console

                            Comment


                              #15
                              You have to add it to the user.ini here:

                              [XGame.xPawn]
                              PlacedCharacterName=Gorge
                              PlacedFemaleCharacterName=Rylisa
                              bPlayOwnFootsteps=False
                              bUnlit=True

                              it's supposed to work.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X