X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bUnlit=True

bUnlit=True

What is the purpose of that? It does nothing to make the players more visible so that can't be it.

What ini is that in? Because I can't find it in either my UT2004 or User ini.

Comment

It makes this little shine ,like the shoulderlamps,just...somewhere else I think.Or was that bnocoronas=false?

Comment

If you are talking about mapping, if you set bUnlit = True on a surface or an SMesh it makes it so that lighting does not affect it, and is all bright, ugly, and doesn't have shadows on it.

Comment

Originally posted by cAm
          If you are talking about mapping, if you set bUnlit = True on a surface or an SMesh it makes it so that lighting does not affect it, and is all bright, ugly, and doesn't have shadows on it.
          Ya in theory this setting is supposed to do exactly that for players, but it doesn't do anything. I want to know what it does do. Epic?

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightQ3
            bUnlit=True

What is the purpose of that? It does nothing to make the players more visible so that can't be it.
            How exactly are you setting bUnlit on the players? You would have to have a mutator that specified a custom PlayerController class, that specified a custom Pawn class that was set to bUnlit, otherwise everything defaults.

Comment

Its what the player models shoud use by default so you can freaking see the things...

/bait

Comment

Ya in theory this setting is supposed to do exactly that for players, but it doesn't do anything. I want to know what it does do. Epic?
                It does nothing for players?
                Weird. Are you sure you're applying it to the pawn, not to the playercontroller?
                If all goes well this should remove all lighting from the character, often reducing his visibility to something worse than how it would be if he WAS lit. If you want to improve visibility using light, try the AmbientBrightness variable.

Originally posted by Sidekicker
                Its what the player models shoud use by default so you can freaking see the players...
                Arr, that would actually make matters worse. You'd end up with players being rather dark (the default brightness) when they would be fully lit otherwise (because a bright lamp shines on them)

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                  How exactly are you setting bUnlit on the players? You would have to have a mutator that specified a custom PlayerController class, that specified a custom Pawn class that was set to bUnlit, otherwise everything defaults.
                  This is a built-in feature of the game in 2k4. It's supposed to make players not be lit and look much brighter, but it doesn't work, so what does it do then?

Comment

This is a built-in feature of the game in 2k4. It's supposed to make players not be lit and look much brighter, but it doesn't work, so what does it do then?
                    I've never heard of it...

Comment

Yeah, I don't see it in any of the menus, is it an ini option?

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                        Arr, that would actually make matters worse. You'd end up with players being rather dark (the default brightness) when they would be fully lit otherwise (because a bright lamp shines on them)
                        Forgot to mention that AmbientGlow should be set to 255

Comment

Originally posted by Sidekicker
                          Forgot to mention that AmbientGlow should be set to 255
                          where?Can´t find that in any of my inis.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist4
                            where?Can´t find that in any of my inis.
                            You can only do it offline.

set XPawn MaxLights 0
                            set XPawn AmbientGlow 255

in the console

Comment

You have to add it to the user.ini here:

[XGame.xPawn]
                              PlacedCharacterName=Gorge
                              PlacedFemaleCharacterName=Rylisa
                              bPlayOwnFootsteps=False
                              bUnlit=True

it's supposed to work.