Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justgimmeaname
    Stuttering, jerky screen is not a bug?
    Not a bug because you are setting parameters that are outside normal operation.

It's like saying there is something wrong with your car because it fails when you have it floored all of the time.

No, nothing wrong with the car. You are just stupid for flooring it all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by justgimmeaname
      50fps hehe, you're kidding, right?
      I would classify anything below 70 as 'unplayable'.
      But then again, I'm very sensitive.

My fps drop to 70-65 sometimes, yes - but by far they are 100+ (if they would be allowed to by the patch/server/netcode)

VSync is off. This has nothing to do with settings in the video card drivers.
      I used to think so too, until I upgraded so much that I was able to play at the game at about 30-65fps with 4x AA and 16x AF enabled...

Now the image quality is amazing. Sure, the framerate dips to a bit below 30fps on occasion, but I didn't know that for the first couple months I had UT2k4. I hadn't bothered with finding out the command to check framerate, and although I sensed that it was dropping to sub-30fps every now and then, it was still smooth enough (playable) that I didn't care.

Moral of my story: I have the choice between 60-85fps at high quality, or about 30-65fps with the extreme quality of 4x AA and 16x AF, and I've gone with the slower of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerbil3
        I used to think so too, until I upgraded so much that I was able to play at the game at about 30-65fps with 4x AA and 16x AF enabled...

Now the image quality is amazing. Sure, the framerate dips to a bit below 30fps on occasion, but I didn't know that for the first couple months I had UT2k4. I hadn't bothered with finding out the command to check framerate, and although I sensed that it was dropping to sub-30fps every now and then, it was still smooth enough (playable) that I didn't care.

Moral of my story: I have the choice between 60-85fps at high quality, or about 30-65fps with the extreme quality of 4x AA and 16x AF, and I've gone with the slower of the two.
        I would have to agree. Just simply turn off the little stat fps feature and focus more on playing the **** game than how good/fast it SHOULD be. If it's playable, PLAY IT.

Okay, that's enough from me.

Comment

Working...
        X