Web site Beta testers needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web site Beta testers needed

Setting up a website for Map downloads, old school UT99 and for the New UT2004 Maps and files. Any opinions and issues please let me know. the web site is at Flatlinerscorner
    hosting over 600+ files from UT99 to UT 2004
    Thanks everyone

The site itself is great but that splash page has to go byebye :up:

k

Comment

Yea i had the same idea

Comment

I know this is no help but great site :up: , I haven't seen something quite so elaborate and really eye-catching for some time, keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by KoperniK
          The site itself is great but that splash page has to go byebye :up:

k
          what he said.

Comment

I cant even see the page

BTW, Im using Mozilla

Comment

Doesnt work at all in Opera.
              Probably a meta-refresh ?

Also, from looking at the source, final.swf is linked to your C: drive, and not the server

Comment

Beautiful keep this up ill have it ready in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrothekilla200
                  I cant even see the page

BTW, Im using Mozilla
                  Ditto.

Comment

1) Get RID of that meta-refresh on the splash page
                    2) REMOVE the music from the splash page.
                    3) Your HTML has quite a few errors in it
                    4) Remove ALL styles and put them in your CSS
                    5) Use the ALT attribute for images. dont leave it blank
                    6) Get RID of that meta-refresh on the splash page
                    7) REMOVE the music from the splash page.
                    8) Test it on Mozilla and Firefox (dont bother with Opera, its **** and probably wont work)

Hope this helps.

EDIT: To skip the splash page (which is a good thing) go to http://www.flatlinerscorner.com/Site/ this page works in Mozilla

Comment

good this is what im looking for .. now i have alot of work on my hands

Comment

It would look better without the 3 droids (only the X and the text). And they use too much cpu.
                        The left menu (in flash) is useless and quite ugly imo. And on my browser it is drawn on a black square.
                        Some graphics on the end of the page are misplaced. XD-Gamers_FT_TOP10_04.jpg and some other images

Using Firefox 0.8

Comment

Originally posted by MechaFubs
                          That site doesnt read PHP Nuke well, thats generally only for html

Comment

Originally posted by Flâ±lïñê®
                            That site doesnt read PHP Nuke well, thats generally only for html
                            That site checker should be used for ALL websites. If a website does not conform to the HTML standard then it is sloppily coded. Sloppy coding is usually why webpages dont act the same in all browsers.

When a browser encounters something that does not conform to the HTML standard, it kinda makes a 'best guess' at what the code should be doing. The page may look fine in IE, but in Firefox everything is wrong. Opera is the exception - it doesn't even support the standards properly. I spent all day trying to work out why some httpXML javascript code didnt do anything in Opera, only to find out that the browser doesnt support any of the JS XML objects *bitter*.

Its not the web-pages fault that PHP Nuke doesnt conform to the HTML standard.

This is the main reason why I don't use any packaged software. The key to becoming a good web-developer is to be able to write your own code in a text editor without the aid of any packages, or GUI 'write the code for you' programs (like Dreamweaver).

Comment

Doesn't even display is KDE's Konqueror, so it probable won't display in Safari for the Mac ( same rendering code ).

Comment

Working...
                              X