TeamRadar Mut/all the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TeamRadar Mut/all the time?

I recently started using the TeamRadar mutator and, of course, really like it. But, question... Can I use a mutator, such as TeamRadar, all the time for all the ONS games I play? Or does the mutator have to be in use by the server that I connect to? And if I can use it "all the time" how does one configure a mutator to be used when joining OTHER servers.

If you could use it on severs that didn't have it on it would be called a 'radar hack/cheat' and as such you would be cheating. Luckily for you, it isn't possible so we don't have to call you a cheater.

You play with the server's mutators, not the other way around.

Comment

Or to be a little bit nicer to a new member -

Unfortunately you can't use mutators like that unless they're both installed and enabled server-side.

Comment

Is the team radar for ONS? I've been wondering where to find it, and if anyone knows if the mutator is on the server mutator white list.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Deacon
          If you could use it on severs that didn't have it on it would be called a 'radar hack/cheat' and as such you would be cheating. Luckily for you, it isn't possible so we don't have to call you a cheater.

You play with the server's mutators, not the other way around.
          Well, my friend, I wouldn't use it as a cheat. In that, I abhor cheaters. But, however, I DO find this particular mutator to be something that should have been standardized by Epic from the beginning. Not having to wonder if the noob team mate is actually doing something constructive, or just wandering around in the field looking for that four-leaf clover, is a good thing. I would like to see future UT2k4 patches implement a more advanced ONS map/radar system.

Comment

I didn't mean anything in a derogatory way, just to be clear on that. I just wanted to make it clear that if you used a radar when no one else had it, it would be considered cheating.

I agree that some extra functionality on the ONS radar/map would be a nice addition (at least on pubs anyway, cos in clan matches etc there's voice comms)

Comment

radar would be nice .....

also a rotating map would be VERY NICE .....

Dum

Comment

Originally posted by BlueVette
                I DO find this particular mutator to be something that should have been standardized by Epic from the beginning.
                :up:

clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueVette
                  Not having to wonder if the noob team mate is actually doing something constructive, or just wandering around in the field looking for that four-leaf clover, is a good thing.
                  I once found that four leaf clover on Torlan... our team still lost the match, I heard something about "Some stupid f*cking n00b roaming around the middle of nowhere" being the cause. I blame the other people on my team. Couldn't have been very lucky really.

Comment

Working...
                  X