Manta responds differently after patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manta responds differently after patch

Anyone notice that their Mantas handle differently after installing the patch?

I noticed immediately that my Manta jump key seemed to lag or sometimes not even respond. After playing with the patched game for a couple of days I think I've figured it out.

You now need to let your "charge" be at 100% before you can jump again. By "charge" I'm referring to the little red and yellow graph on the lower right, the same one that let's you know when your Hellbender rear turret is ready to fire again at max power. On the Manta if you jump before it's charged you get nothing. Prior to the patch I think maybe I could jump but with less force.

Anyone else notice this, or am I just losing my mind?

The charge thing has been there since retail UT2004.

Comment

you must be losing your mind... i couild never jump without the manta being fully charged

Comment

Now that you mention it, I've been getting this too... I was playing vCTF on Flak's and my Manta kept being incapable of jumping whenever I jumped before it charged...

Bug? Anyone want to do the honors?

Edit: You couldn't jump nearly as high before, but I remember being able at least to jump a bit with a half-charged bar...

Comment

um, it's been like that since the game was released afaik....

Comment

Same way it's always been.........

Comment

The entire point of the bar has always been that you can't jump unless it's full :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Buh-Bye
                Same way it's always been.........

Comment

It's probably the improved netcode...pre-3270 the charge bar was probably lagging behind a little and that could be why it LOOKED like you could jump when it was half-way up, the better netcode probably fixed that?

Comment

Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
                    It's probably the improved netcode...pre-3270 the charge bar was probably lagging behind a little and that could be why it LOOKED like you could jump when it was half-way up, the better netcode probably fixed that?
                    Netcode can't be THAT fixed...
                    Either way I do seem to recall that you never could jump with the bar not entirely charged. If you want to be sure you can just revert to the previous patch and try it offline.

Comment

I still don't get it why Mantas (which use their fans to jump) aren't able to jump while in the air or while on a slope. The fans could be used anywhere and not just on the ground. And yes, I still get lagged manta jumps. When I have a fully charged jump, I press the jump button, I hear the jumping sound but I don't jump. Instead manta keeps going forward for another second or so and then rises up which is in most cases too late as I am already over an edge goin' down to teh void!!!!!!!11111oneone

Comment

I haven't noticed that yet, but thats probable right.

It seems like all the vehicle got kind of a boost.

either that or i've been playing to much of that other game and when I went back to UT everyting is super fast. weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyro
                          The fans could be used anywhere and not just on the ground.
                          Hovercrafts (plural ???) need the ground to work. Another word for Hovercraft (directly translated from German) is Ground-Effect Vehicle...

Comment

otherwise they'll be called helicopters or something...
                            anyway, i think i noticed the lagginess of the manta jumps too... for some reason it doesnt always respond anymore, maybe thats just my habit of using the manta and something in 3270 caused it to become 'incompatible' or something

Comment

actualy im sure that if the bar wasnt full u could still jump, just not as high...i didnt patch yet ill go try.

edit: ya u can...it still jumps just not as high...:bulb:

Comment

Working...
                              X