Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Should Teambeacon Be An Option?

ok, here's my poll:

should TEAMBEACON be an option to be disabled or 'tweaked'?

yes or no.

You know, you should probably have put a third option of "I don't really care" in there. *shrugs*

Voted no because I honestly don't notice them in-game, and they don't affect my playing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marth
      You know, you should probably have put a third option of "I don't really care" in there. *shrugs*

Voted no because I honestly don't notice them in-game, and they don't affect my playing at all.
      +1

However, if you read his other thread you'll notice he wants them off, and knowing most people would rather favor the option over nothing he doesn't give you the option of voting "I don't care" in an attempt to make his demands seem backed up by the rest of the community. :down:

Comment

Like I always say. More options is better. As long as they don't interfer directly in any one elses experience.

Comment

there should be an option that inclues teambeacon/shoulderlights/teamskins !!

Comment

oh yeah! **** striaght i'm biased.

look. i dont play ut2004 online. i like the bot stuff. and more --

i love BIG, EPIC BATTLES.

what i do is ADDBOTS 100 in some capture the flag or onsluaght gizmo and I FEEL TH JOY OF LIFE>

but **** IT. TEAMBEACON REALLY SUCKS with 100 BOTS RUNNING AROUND. kinda makes the whole I'M IN HELL vibe seem pitly.

i know all you guys are super UT2004 jocks, and can't see beyonf the whole online culture. i'm JUST SAYING, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, WHAT IS SO ABSURB WITH THE IDEA OF AT LEAST HAVING THE OPTION TO TURN TEAM BEACON OFF?

could you ut jocks at least agree in principle?

Comment

Originally posted by zippofoe
              some things
              What you want is "togglescreenshotmode"in console.

After all, the HUGE GIGANTIC HUD takes away from the epic battle, and the GIANT CLOCk and the ENORMOUS AMMO COUNT.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbidity
                What you want is "togglescreenshotmode"in console.

After all, the HUGE GIGANTIC HUD takes away from the epic battle, and the GIANT CLOCk and the ENORMOUS AMMO COUNT.
                :haha:

Haven't tried this, but in User.ini:
                Code:
                [Engine.PlayerController]
                TeamBeaconMaxDist=4000.000000
                TeamBeaconPlayerInfoMaxDist=1200.000000
                TeamBeaconTexture=TeamSymbols.TeamBeaconT
                TeamBeaconTeamColors[0]=(B=0,G=0,R=180,A=255)
                TeamBeaconTeamColors[1]=(B=200,G=80,R=80,A=255)
                TeamBeaconCustomColor=(B=0,G=255,R=255,A=255)
                TeamBeaconUseCustomColor=True
                You could try setting both MaxDists to 0, or all of the Color A (alpha (translucency)) values to 0, etc.

Comment

yo dude --

screenshottoggle gizmo takes away the gun and the gunsite thingy. that SUCKS worse than TEAMBEACON.

and, yep, IRONIC I KNOW, we DO HAVE THE OPTION TO TURN OFF THE HUD. but not the TEAMBEACON. curious? isn't it?

Comment

"yo dude" --

It's called sarcasm. And read my damned post.

Comment

to the guy who offered the CODE solution --

yep. been there, done that. in the EPIC WISDOM of the UT GODZ, they made it where it is impossible to turn off the TEAMBEACONS with a little code-foolery.

(that's why i've turned into such a fruitloop over this)

but, hey -- if someone can out geek me on this and provide a solution, i swear to GOD i'll send them $100.

Comment

So you've actually tried setting both TeamBeaconMaxDist and TeamBeaconPlayerInfoMaxDist to 0? How about 0.1?

Next, try using a blank texture for TeamBeaconTexture.

Comment

nah. that doesnt work, either (at least for me) i think that whole function call is boiler plate. i tried to do all sorts of goofy things -- it just doesnt seem to reach the nuts in the game

i think the ut dev team had all the intention to make teambeacon an option and scrapped it at the last minute or something.

i racked my brains on this one for a solid week when i first got the game to no avail it just DRIVES ME NUTS NOW.

i think the only hope is to make a mutator that can reach the teambeacon ******** and neuter it once and for all.

Comment

OOOOHH -- teamBEacon texture? where's this located?

Comment

lol :haha:
                              1. nice double post
                              2. stop contradicting yourself.
                              3. tell us how exactly it ruins gameplay, instead of saying OMGWTF teambeacon is teh SUX0R! EPICPLEASEFIX!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X