No announcement yet.

What gametype do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just played Assault for the 2nd time and it was horrible.I lagged with 30-40 fps through the maps ,running towards 10 red guys that were holding down alt fire and spamming around :weird: ...
    how can that spam festival be exciting or fun or something like that?:bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Saito
      BR is actualy very good
      The problem of BR and DDOM is that there are 4 other gametypes that are no less good and already have a reputation (or marketing in the case of ONS) to build on.

As for assault being the undeserved underdog... To be honest I'm not very impressed with Assault. It lacks the simplicity of the other gametypes and the maps are diverse to a bizarre level and completely dictate the gameplay because of the objective-based gameplay and the map-based inclusion of vehicles. Play another map and you essentially play a different game. In DM, BR, CTF, DDOM and even ONS you adjust your tactics to the map. In AS you usually don't HAVE a tactic and you just either use different tricks based on what the map allows or hope you can kill the defenders faster than they can kill you the next round. Either that or you have to rely on some other map specific skill/strategy like Hellbender driving/healing in Junkyard.

Comment

TDM

Comment

vote for tha DDOM!

Comment

TDM, DM and 1-on-1. I leave gametypes like Ons and BR for the newbies out there

Comment

Bump Bump

I need more people to vote please, tons of you are viewing the thread but not voting..:sour:

Comment

I'm in a Minority group

Used to play a lot of iTDM, switched over to iDOM , less players Better atmosphere on the Servers

Comment

meh boksha whatever...

I'll leave ONS to the noobs (and yes you idiots I did play it for a clan and on ladders) and branch back out into real fps.

Honestly ONS in clan games is all high strat play, but lacks skills. TDM is all low level strat with tons of skills.

I didn't want to play ONS but before my team quit 2k4 we did a stint in iit and did quite well. As much as I am stomach sick at our second place result, I am not that suprised. We are a skilsl team and and not a tacticts team.

That and ONS maps are so broken we won all the maps the other team picked based on team color:haha:

Oh well doom3 is turning out good and has very good prizes

Comment

CTF is A#1 for me followed by ONS.

i might play DDOM or BR once in awhile if there were good normal weapon servers but i never see any.

i rarely play any kind of DM and generally avoid AS and anything thats inst@g!&...

Comment

BR - 90%
                      DM - 10%

:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha

As for assault being the undeserved underdog... To be honest I'm not very impressed with Assault. It lacks the simplicity of the other gametypes and the maps are diverse to a bizarre level and completely dictate the gameplay because of the objective-based gameplay and the map-based inclusion of vehicles. Play another map and you essentially play a different game. In DM, BR, CTF, DDOM and even ONS you adjust your tactics to the map. In AS you usually don't HAVE a tactic and you just either use different tricks based on what the map allows or hope you can kill the defenders faster than they can kill you the next round. Either that or you have to rely on some other map specific skill/strategy like Hellbender driving/healing in Junkyard.
                        That is exactly why assault is so good. CTF is CTF no matter what map you are on. Switch one map for another, same game. Grab a community map, same thing. Same concept, same tactics, same skills, over and over again, on every single map (aside from a couple of variations ie. thorns). Maybe the ledge you combo from is a different colour, or maybe it's a rock, but it's the same combo for the same reason at the same time directed at the same person. As someone who played in a clan against some of the better teams out there, every match came down to raw fragging skill in the end regardless of tactics because all tactics required you kill and not be killed.
                        Assault is a breath of fresh air. When you pick up a new assault map, you really haven't played it before. It's a new game, a change of pace, a change of strategy. Do you rush in fast, collect your team in a bulked attack, link up, lobs bios, chuck nades, go for the turret or sneak past, take out the defenders or break for the objective, take extra time for the side-route or go through the middle, heal the tank or fight along-side it, man the turrets or cover them, block the approach or block the objective, defend all 3 targets or focus on one, attack the players or clear the spider mines, etc. The only thing that held the gametype back (and it had more players than CTF for a while) is the lack of maps... and Epic hasn't shown any interest in helping that.
                        Which is why assault is the undeserving underdog. It has limitless potential, but all we got were 6 examples, and people chose to take the hundreds of examples from years worth of other gametypes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Saito

I'll leave ONS to the noobs (and yes you idiots I did play it for a clan and on ladders)
                          which clan and what ladders?

Comment

Typical weapons centric post leaving out us Instagibbers :weird:

Voted for CTF anyways since that's what I play the most

Comment

Invasion! :up:

Comment

Used to play only dm and ons, now only assault. Once you learn what you're doing on each map it is by far the best game. As for the spam, yes there is a lot of spam. There are also many different ways to attack, most of which aren't covered very often.
                                Avoiding spam isn't that difficult either, don't walk in the middle.

Comment

Working...
                                X