Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Problem

Hi guys,

Right ive got a problem with UT, every now and again when playing the game will freeze, no reason that i can make out, but then after about 5 secs maybe more is comes back, but ive been disconnected. It does this fairly often.

Any ideas? Ive got the latest patch (it did it before the patch) and im running Cat drivers 4.7 (tried reinstalling them)

Cheers

The only time that has ever happened to me was when I was over taxing my video card. Try a lower resolution and/or detail settings.

It was a Ti4600 1600x1200 @ Holy **** **** **** settings. Now I have a 6800GT at the same settings and no problems. Good Luck.

Comment

I was thinking that, ill give it a go.
      cheers for the speedy reply

Comment

HEAT is your problem methinks. check to make sure the fan on your vid card is working.

Comment

I had problems with the CAT 4.7 drivers - I went back to the 4.6 and it has been fine.

If you redo your drivers make sure you uninstall first.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by thinkingfeller
            HEAT is your problem methinks. check to make sure the fan on your vid card is working.
            Everything is working, i dont think its a heat problem. Just been playing on the same server and map that it did it on earlier and everything was peachy. Ive lowered the res and some details seems to have done the trick. Ill check for sure tommorrow.

Cheers for the help guys.

Comment

cool, glad to hear yer stable again. i had a ti4600 that would freeze for 4-6 seconds every 4-5 minutes and it was the GPU fan that had malfunctioned. took me FOREVER to realize that the fan had burned out too, nearly tore all my hair out. :cry:

Comment

Working...
              X