No announcement yet.

Atari Community Folding @ Home Team, Help Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished my first WU, thats becuase I cant leave it running if I want to play Desert Combat, as DC doesnt like it :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by ISV_Damocles
      So you don't think mapping out places that emit large amounts of radio waves is good for science? While SETI@Home says it's the search for extraterrestrials, that's mainly to get the fringe tin-foil hat wearing types to put up their CPU time.
      I am running Seti@home cause I was hoping to discover 3 breasted alien girls that have 2 butt holes, never say no and who like old fat Canadians.

Still looking....

[TST]
      :bulb:

Comment

Why aren’t you searching for a 4-breasted Nali Goddess?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Brownstone
          Why aren’t you searching for a 4-breasted Nali Goddess?
          Woo Hoo !!!

Got Milk?

[TST]

Comment

Mr. Brownstone is leading by far on the stats page.

Comment

I forgot I was running it. :up: (I set the system-tray icon to always be hidden.)

Comment

did you realize all your processor-hungry apps got slower? or do you feel your room heating up...

::edit:: me, i've got the elite console version http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandeg...02-Console.exe , thought it runs a tad bit faster when your comptuer doesnt have to worry about some GUI ... im folding for another team already, tho.....so, sorry INA

Comment

Installed... errr that's all. tis running now.

Comment

2nd

Comment

Originally posted by The_Deacon
                      Installed... errr that's all. tis running now.
                      That's great, every member helps

Comment

Yey!
                        I finally moved up from last place

BUMP

Comment

LMAO @ Bump

Comment

Gotta get it in the spotlight.

I think it was on page 10

Comment

Sorry would love to help you out, but i have had bad experiences with simmilar projects (a memory leak or something)

so im keeping my nice elisha cuthbert screensaver atm :P

she b nice

Comment

Originally posted by ISV_Damocles
                                So you don't think mapping out places that emit large amounts of radio waves is good for science? While SETI@Home says it's the search for extraterrestrials, that's mainly to get the fringe tin-foil hat wearing types to put up their CPU time.

SETI@Home has been cataloging the locations and strengths of radiowaves being emitted from almost every part of space viewable by us. The double and triple checking of locations by using distributed computing is more to help remove bad data caused by glitches in the recording system.
                                What you do in SETI@Home can't be invalidated

Questions:
                                A. How is mapping large amounts of radio waves is good for science?
                                B. How is the strengths of radio waves being emitted from a *Billion Light-Years away from us, important to us now?
                                C. So the double and triple checking to remove bad data is not invalidated? (whats the point than?)
                                D. SETI LIES TO US??? (Not really searching for ET, but saying so "to get the fringe tin-foil hat wearing types to put up their CPU time".

Comment

Working...
                                X