Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atari Community Folding @ Home Team, Help Research

http://folding.stanford.edu/
    The Atari Community team number is: 38777, enter it when going through the configuration, I will post the stats page once someone has completed a project, i'm almost done with the first.

Taken from the main page:

"What does Folding@Home do? Folding@Home is a distributed computing project which studies protein folding, misfolding, aggregation, and related diseases. We use novel computational methods and large scale distributed computing, to simulate timescales thousands to millions of times longer than previously achieved. This has allowed us to simulate folding for the first time, and to now direct our approach to examine folding related disease.

How can you help? You can help our project by downloading and running our client software. Our algorithms are designed such that for every computer that joins the project, we get a commensurate increase in simulation speed."

The program can be run on Windows, Linux and MacOS X, whlie running on windows the priority of the program is always set to LOW which means it will only use extra processing power and if you want to play a game or something it'll give up the processing power to the game.

Update:

Here is our team stats page
    http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/m...&teamnum=38777

bump, anyone install it?

Comment

If you're wanting a review of it (as in, is it safe to install?), yes it is. The TFC Catacombs forum has a Folding-Team with a bunch of people contributing and if there was anything wrong with it I'm sure someone woulda complained by now (they've been at it for maybe 6 months now, I think?).

Comment

Wow, thats a long time.....we should make a UT2004 team

Comment

Will there be a stats server?

:bulb:

Comment

Yes, there is a stats server
            http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/m...type=teamstats

Comment

I've created an Atari Community team, and i'm the first member, join team number 38777 to help us out, see how quickly we can all pass the other teams, LOL, we could get tons of members.

Comment

what's up with that, i wont get a free iPod? :bulb:

Comment

Sorry, nothing free this time.

Comment

Does anyone want to photoshop us a logo for our team?

Comment

Yeah, Folding@Home > Trying to find ET. No offence.
                      F@H has been around since ~ 2000. I have been on the google team for about 1.5 years. I am currently in the top 100 (of the google team) (woot!)
                      my folding stats

Folding@Home is one of the only distributed computing programs that has actually given real scientific data to the world. I might consider joining an unreal team. Who every starts the team, make sure it is named www.unrealtournament.com because its best to have your team name be a web page. (Free advertising, maybe a couple of Epic people will run it too )

I hope some people try this out and help find a cure for Parkinson's :up:

Comment

OK, I joined up :up:
                        I used to have SETI@home but that kept going wrong :down:

Comment

The team i just created was for Atari Community, easier to get members if we can appeal to more people.

Originally posted by pyrothekilla200
                          OK, I joined up :up:
                          I used to have SETI@home but that kept going wrong :down:
                          Cool, the more CPU power the better Yeah....SETI seems kinda pointless, this will actually help the human race

Comment

Isn't the "mad cow disease" a result of protein misfolding?
                            I'll sign up for this, but not in this weather. It's hot enough where I'm sitting as it is, don't need an extra two 100% active CPUs to keep me warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                              Isn't the "mad cow disease" a result of protein misfolding?
                              I'll sign up for this, but not in this weather. It's hot enough where I'm sitting as it is, don't need an extra two 100% active CPUs to keep me warm.
                              Yeah, it is too **** warm (24c in my room right now )

Comment

Working...
                              X