• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrio500
    fist off, dude....read my post......

carefully

before flaming.

and secondly...it's an OT

I doubt Penguin will care...50 minutes left.

Comment

Originally posted by chrio500
      fist off, dude....read my post......

carefully

before flaming.

and secondly...it's an OT

Ok, I wasn't flaming, but it was stated by Mark him self, that talk about other games on this forum will NOT be accepted. I am not the one that is against it, just letting you know what will probably happen. One D3 thread was deleted last week, while i was in the middle of posting.

Comment

I have been playing all evening online in a private server with a couple of my clan mates, and to be perfectly honest, its ok for a couple of hours.
        What seriously lets it down in the lack of multiplayer maps and gametypes
        There is 6 maps, with DeathMatch, TeamDeathMatch, last man standing and a tourney mode, all with the same map rotation.
        The maximum online players on one server is indeed only 4 players, but the maps are small enough I feel to cope with such a small number.
        For those who are looking for the next online gaming sensation, I dont think you will find it here, even though Doom is the grandfather of FPS,
        it dosnt feel to me like ID have payed to much attention to the online side of things, concentrating on the Scary single player, whicjh so far has made me jump more than once.
        All in all, A stupendous single player game, a so -so multiplayer game, nothing to make you want to leave the Liandri Corporation anyway, just have a quick vacation in Hell, you will soon be back in the Tournament

Comment

$55 for a game? I already have UT. Maybe around Christmas the price will come down and I'll give it a try. But no way I'm paying $55 when I still have not gotten around to everything I can do in UT2004. I only have so much time to game.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
            It has 0 replay value.. and the MP is POS
            Don't start saying it sucks till you have the chance to try it out. Although it maybe only 4 people (and mods will be able to change that limit, its not hard coded into the engine) its a much more dark, and intimate game anyway. Now, if you try it, and its not your thing, thats fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipher
              Don't start saying it sucks till you have the chance to try it out.
              Who says he didn´t try it out yet?
              And btw,I think some good mod makers will make a real doom 3 multiplayer mod that will be able to handle 10+ppl deathmatches with big maps and stuff.But this thread will be deleted soon anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Twist4
                Who says he didn´t try it out yet?
                And btw,I think some good mod makers will make a real doom 3 multiplayer mod that will be able to handle 10+ppl deathmatches with big maps and stuff.But this thread will be deleted soon anyways
                Well, he might have, if so, remove comments ( I edited my post to reflect that). Also, Carmack said that they tried 8 players on a LAN, and it was starting to lag, due to all the data that is transferd back and forth. The big difference is due to the per-poly/pixel hit detection, it has to be more accurate in mp to pull that off, compared to hit boxes. also physics are actually sent over the network, unlike UT2004, where unless it effects the vehicle your in, it doesnt get sent/recieved. I am not sure though, ut might only send that if your client needs it. And with the way old clients react with the levi+raptor bug, and still effect the game, that might be how it works.

Comment

Everyone who posted saying I played it just openly admitted to downloading Warez. There is a stolen copy on the networks.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_1
                    Everyone who posted saying I played it just openly admitted to downloading Warez. There is a stolen copy on the networks.
                    No, I know for a fact that some best buys screwed up on friday and sold it, and a few EB's are selling it now too. So it doesnt have to be warez. Quit jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipher
                      No, I know for a fact that some best buys screwed up on friday and sold it, and a few EB's are selling it now too. So it doesnt have to be warez. Quit jumping to conclusions.

ummmm.yea...what he said

i just got mine at best buy.

Comment

Ahh, never knew that.
                        Bleh why cant MY EB screw up.

Comment

Calm down children before I break out the belt and then send you to bed with out dinner. I'm picking up my copy of doom3 tommorow. I can already tell you there is no way it will take the place of ut2k4. But I am looking forward to go through the single player a few times.

Comment

Doom 3 is... georgeus... it realy is! I only seen it at a friends house, so havent checked out MP, but this is NOT a game I think I will play more than 10 mins online... maybe some lan, but thats it... BUT... it doesnt matter... thisone is all about SP, and it does it job... beautifuly! :up: I dont know about playbility eighter... couse I havent tryed it yet... guess you need to play it for a couple of hours to tell...!

... all in all, a great SP investment! The best one out there at the moment actually!

Comment

...whats so good about this game anyway?

oh, and btw:

you are in Atari Forums > Games > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > General Discussion

Comment

Aww, now I feel bad, I dled it from BT, probably helped more people get it. I plan on buying it still, but I don't have the money yet.
                                And besides, I am getting a whole *** LOAD of tearing everywhere, random polygon's, vertex's attached to my xhair, stretching in odd ways, sometimes even revealing the next room ahead and completely ruening the suprise ahead. turning on vsync helps a small bit, but not completely.

Besides, D3 will be yesterdays news once the first game on Unreal Engine 3 is released :up::up::up::up::up:

Comment

Working...
                                X