This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Doom 3

Alrighty everyone....I just got my copy of D3 earlier this morning. And ****....it is the scariest thing I have ever played. :cry: My eyes hurt i've been playin so long.

But I have to be honest. The entire time I was playing it.... I was thinking about 2k4 (insert "awwwwww" here):haha: I'll play doom a lot for sure and beat it on every difficulty I can...but at the moment... I'm gonna go whoop-*** w/ some fellow buds online in TDM

more like this thread is Doom.

Comment

Ok, I am a big fan of id games my self, but this is a forum for UT200X, not DooM. Expect this thread to be deleted soon.

Also, I should have my copy on wed. Should be great.

Comment

I'll have to go pick it up soon.

Comment

I'm predicting doom3 is the next unreal2.

lots of hype, major letdown. Won't sell well, id sells engion to people that know how to make games, and we are happy in 2 more years with a good game in Doom3's engine

Comment

I like it a lot. The main difference is the pace at which the action is taking place. It's slower than 2k4 but that was expected. Slower...but in a good way. To put it simply...the characters have a more realistic way of moving.

because you can't move as quickly or w/ the agility like in faster paced fps'....(you can sprint w/ the shift key but that requires stamina which runs out)... a lot of the skill relies on your accuracy (hit scan for all you 1337's )

all in all...it's really good, but for online play, strategy and aim is the name of the game in this one. so for eveyone who thinks they can pull a quick dogde to get away from ppl or flip behind to someone's reer (immunity ).... think again. It's a new scary world out there. cheers:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Xipher
              Ok, I am a big fan of id games my self, but this is a forum for UT200X, not DooM. Expect this thread to be deleted soon.

fist off, dude....read my post......

carefully

before flaming.

and secondly...it's an OT

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3527332.stm

Comment

that sux...a lot for id. I understand the entire downloading scene...and it would be naive to not see it coming....

but id worked long and hard on this game for us all...let's pay em back buy actually buying this one!

Comment

Originally posted by A2597
                    I'm predicting doom3 is the next unreal2.

lots of hype, major letdown. Won't sell well, id sells engion to people that know how to make games, and we are happy in 2 more years with a good game in Doom3's engine
                    your an idiot. Doom 3 is already the biggest selling game in id's franchise, and its not even released yet. I, myself, have the game and its not a letdown, its actually quite good and i like it a lot.

Dont even need an awesome rig to run it either

Comment

doomlicious :up:

Comment

It has 0 replay value.. and the MP is POS

Comment

Re: [OT] Doom 3

I'm looking forward to Doom 3 also, but unlike UT2K4, I did not preorder it - I'll just get a copy off the shelf in the next few days.

Originally posted by chrio500
                          ...****....it is the scariest thing I have ever played. :cry:...
                          Ooooo... I hope so, but then again, not. I had to stop playing Hexen and never finished it because I was getting too creeped out.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
                            It has 0 replay value.. and the MP is POS
                            dont dis the grand son of the all FPS, doom3 made possible the idea of FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by PÎMP
                              dont dis the grand son of the all FPS, doom3 made possible the idea of FPS.
                              Even if Doom 3 singleplayer owns everything else in the singleplayer category (which it probably will), you know he's right.

Comment

Working...
                              X