UT2004 - 64-bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 - 64-bit?

heya, i wonder when is UT2004 64bit version is coming out? i know that xp-64 wont be coming until the next half of next year, but i as a beta tester would like to have ut2004 since its the only game im playing really

Go get Linux....

Problem solved.

Comment

read my post before posting a opinion that im not intrested in

Comment

:bulb:

when the ut2004 installer detects a 64bit system it will install the 64bit version ...

Comment

Originally posted by supernewbie
          :bulb:

when the ut2004 installer detects a 64bit system it will install the 64bit version ...

But if you're running WinXP 32 bit, it won't run the 64-bit

64-bit on a 32-bit OS i don't think is do-able. Hence "go get Linux".

Comment

i think he means that he's got a beta xp 64.
            i think...

Comment

Originally posted by rice
              i think he means that he's got a beta xp 64.
              i think...
              Hmmm...

Possibly... I thought he wanted to test out UT2004 64-bit...

Comment

Originally posted by Iceboy2003
                64-bit on a 32-bit OS i don't think is do-able.
                Yep. You have to have the 64-bit OS before you can have 64-bit apps. I don't know if the Linux 64-bit UT2004 is already out there, but don't expect to see an official Windows 64-bit Ut2004 until we see an official 64-bit Windows XP, which now isn't going to arrive until next year.

Comment

Currently there is only a beta for 64 UT2004 running in Linux. You also have to download it as it does not come on the disks. It is also the same demo as the normal free UT2004 demo so your limited to only a few maps.
                  Another problem is that it's not optimised so it runs about the same speed as the normal 32bit version.

Still waiting, still hoping

Comment

hmmm...

a guy on a 64 bit forum posted that when he tested 32bit ut2k4 on 64bit xp, the benchmarks was the same as the 32bit -2 fps

however, in the game itself the performance was *at least* twice as good (2x fps!) as it was in 32bit xp

Comment

Originally posted by KhaaL
                      hmmm...

a guy on a 64 bit forum posted that when he tested 32bit ut2k4 on 64bit xp, the benchmarks was the same as the 32bit -2 fps

however, in the game itself the performance was *at least* twice as good (2x fps!) as it was in 32bit xp
                      I'm glad you said that - because i'm about to take delivery of my new Athlon XP 64bit 3000+ in about 24 minutes time :up:

Comment

tell me about your results when you get it! currently im preparing my system before i kick in the beta xp

Comment

Given that 64bit WinXP is not likely to be finished for perhaps a year yet, the only way to play UT2004 in 64bit mode is... Linux.

Comment

Working...
                          X