Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT2004 Editor's Choice Edition (New ONS & Vehicles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 Editor's Choice Edition (New ONS & Vehicles)

I did run a quick search with no luck, so here goes:

Atari and Epic Games have announced Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition. The expanded version of UT2004 is slated for a fall release. Specs include new Onslaught maps and vehicles as well as additional characters and a selection of user-made modifications. UT2004: Editor's Choice will also include all of the content from Unreal Tournament 2004.

New Onslaught maps:
    New maps will include never-before-seen areas as well as previously released maps created for Windows XP.

New Onslaught vehicles:
    Three new vehicles are being added. The Cicada is a two-seat air vehicle. The Paladin is a tank that includes a player-oriented directional shield. And the Self Propelled Mobile Artillery is a long-range artillery vehicle with a deployable hovering spotter camera.

New characters:
    Six new characters will join the lineup. Look for two MetalGuard mercenaries and a pair of Mecha Skaarj as well as two Necris characters.

Source: Adrenaline Vault

My Notes
    I'm hoping they will release an add-on pack, because that's the most sensible option.

It's like Unreal 2, you can buy the first version, or the special version which has XMP built into it. The thing is, Atari/Epic made the XMP pack as a downloadable add-on before releasing the special edition.

So hopefully we'll see the downloadable add-on before the release of the new version. We'll find out sooner or later.

This should be available to users who already own the game. I don't think Epic would screw us by making us buy the game again.

Comment

Originally posted by [UCC]Dwayne
      This should be available to users who already own the game. I don't think Epic would screw us by making us buy the game again.
      Relax,

They did a bang-up job with the rebates. Maybe they can offer a rebate for current users if it requires a charge

Comment

If this isn't a bonus pack i don't know what is. Should be downloadable content later on.

Comment

i hope it is an ''epic bonus pack''
          O M G cant wait to see ONS maps with 8 oficial decent vehicles

Comment

I already got the special edition, I don't want another one. :haha:

Comment

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/boa...threadid=50413

Also mentioned on Blues News...

I'm taking that this is the oft-mentioned UT2005, as the article states that all the content will be freely available for current owners (which is a good thing TM)

So can we expect this to be UT2004 + a Bonus Pack and mods? Details EPIC please???

Comment

I think Epic is making a bonus pack for everyone that already has the game.

This editor's choice edition will most likely be UT2004 + upcoming bonus pack + some of the best mods.

Comment

Ok,

So we're getting:

6 new models/skins (already in xplayers.int after 3270 patch)
                  3 new ONS vehicles (2 seat air vehicle = cool)
                  2+ new ONS maps (Aridoom and Ascendency [hinted by XP Levels])

I hope there's maps for the other game types as well.

Comment

cant wait to see an oficial thread about this

Imagine: ONS maps with 8 different vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Iceboy2003

willhaven.. plz come through!

Comment

Time for my impression of the Fonz:
                        Eyyyyyyy!:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Iceboy2003
                          Ok,

So we're getting:

6 new models/skins (already in xplayers.int after 3270 patch)
                          3 new ONS vehicles (2 seat air vehicle = cool)
                          2+ new ONS maps (Aridoom and Ascendency [hinted by XP Levels])

Did you actually read the openingsthread?
                          It says "Never-seen-before".
                          So not the XP levels, but they will probably be included.
                          But only new ons maps?
                          I had hoped for some more decent DM levels like Rankin, GrendelKeep and corrugation, and more remake's from UT99 levels

Comment

I'm sure the new ONS maps they have will include the use of these new vehicles.

Because of that, I doubt that the new ONS maps are ascendancy and aridoom---unless they do some modifications to those maps. And if so, perhaps they will make some modifications for the other maps to use those new vehicles.

One could only hope.

-Kor

Comment

i think all new ons maps should include ALL new and old vehicle:weird:
                              omg cant wait to see pics of the new vehicles

Comment

Working...
                              X