Please help. Logitech Z-680 and Audigy 2 ZS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help. Logitech Z-680 and Audigy 2 ZS

Case 1: How do I connect these two digitally?

Case 2: Connecting the Z-680 to my onboard nForce SoundStorm digitally is easy, but I'm not happy with the white noise from the speakers when idle. Faulty? Please advice.

Case 3: To anyone having the same setup, which "soundoption" do you use for Unreal engine games?

Thank you for reading.

Noork

I believe the Audigy 2 ZS has a digital out. Purchase a digital coaxial cable and a mono-to-mono plug adapter, which converts it from coaxial to a 1/8 inch jack. That should allow for a digital connection between the two...(and make sure to turn off the sound card decoding and turn on digital output only).

As for the white noise, I had the same problem as well. Call up Logitech Customer Support and they'll send you a whole new control pod with updated firmware, free of the white noise. Takes about a week or so, but ultimately, it's worth the wait.

As for a soundoptino for Unreal games, the only plauisble choice would be EAX, with the CMSS 2 surround sound upmixer. If you mean sound option as in sound input/effect controlled via the control pod, use Direct Input with 6 channel direct sound. IT's the best option for most games.

Comment

I get noise on my ZS when the Line2 input volume is set too high. I have it muted when not in use. Problem solved.

What inputs do the 680s have? I was under the impression that they had a digital coax and/or optical on them. The ZS has both.

As for the sound options. If you really like the VoIP then 3D sound is the only choice. Using EAX breaks the VoIP.

Comment

Working...
      X