Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Nvidia drivers problem

:down:

This generally happends w/ most any drivers you try to install on XP. I get the same messages if I hook up current MS hardware. I am using the new drivers from Nvidia. So far they are working quite well for me. I got the same message you are getting, I just use a diff vid card.

Comment

that's not a problem...all drivers go through extensive testing by microsoft to make sure they work in windows...for the most part, the drivers usually work (I installed this one last night and it works great)

microsoft won't have these drivers available on Winows update for several months if at all...latest they have is october 2003

Comment

So whatya gonna do ?

Comment

Yes, that message will eventually go away when the drivers pass logo testing. nVidia doesn't want to have to wait for a 3rd party to say it's ok to release new drivers to their own hardware...

I have been using those drivers without problem.

Comment

like I said...Microshaft hasn't tested new Nvidia drivers since October 2003...I think they have one release per year on Win Update...I had to turn off auto-update cuz it kept jacking my video driver.

I think there's been 6 releases since the latest on Win Update.

Comment

Means almost nothing. Do not be concern about that message. Frankly many of the drivers I have installed on my machine haven't been test by Microsft. Nvidia has a pretty good idea what they are doing.

Execpt with possibly that whole shader problem.

Comment

Thanks alot:up:

Comment

Originally posted by benmcl
                  Means almost nothing. Do not be concern about that message. Frankly many of the drivers I have installed on my machine haven't been test by Microsft. Nvidia has a pretty good idea what they are doing.

Execpt with possibly that whole shader problem.
                  didn't they fix the shader problem in this release? it needs to be paired with DX 9.0c to work, right?

Comment

With the new cards it is fixed in hardware. They also fixed it for older cards in software, for example my 5900, but it still not ideal. I can't remember all the details but there is still a performance hit in SOME games such as Far Cry and Half Life 2.

I also read that that problem does not occur in Doom 3.

I am sure that someone who knows much more than I do will be along to explain things better.

Comment

Working...
                    X