Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Aliens vs. Skaarj er.. I mean Predator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliens vs. Skaarj er.. I mean Predator

I figured I'd post this here as the Predators kind of resemble 2k4's Skaarj.

Hey I TRIED to make it on topic okay?

Anyways here's a brandy new AvP wallpaper I made this evening.
    Why no Aliens in the pic?

Simple...

When the Predators are done there aren't going to be any left! BooYAH!

(size=1024x768)
    [shot]http://users.adelphia.net/~digitalfidget/images/AvP.jpg[/shot]

I would say that the Gen Mo'Kai (dreadlocks and general face design) are directly inspired by the Predator.

But Skaarj? I don't quite see the ressemblance.

Skaarj are more like a mix of a saurian (skin/tail), boar (tusks) and the XMan character Wolverine (claws).

Comment

Nice! I cant wait for this movie man.

Comment

It's cuz of the scene in the commercial/trailer when the predator extends that big ol' claw weapon offa his arm. Reminds me of the SP intro moviewhen the skaarj guts Romulus/Remus (whichever it is)

But yeah the Gen'Mo's definitely have some predatorish tendencies as well...

SEE! This WAS on topic kinda!

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
          I would say that the Gen Mo'Kai (dreadlocks and general face design) are directly inspired by the Predator.

But Skaarj? I don't quite see the ressemblance.

Skaarj are more like a mix of a saurian (skin/tail), boar (tusks) and the XMan character Wolverine (claws).
          Armclaws, tendril/dreadlocks are similarities, in addition to a somewhat 'advancecd barbarian' style (ie. Tribal painted Skaarj with spaceships, tech. advanced Predator with similar markings under the armor, if I recall.) Plus, the face design of the Skaarj is somewhat similar to what's underneath the mask of the Predator. Finally, the body builds of the Predator and Skaarj are far more alike than that of the Gen Mo'kai and the Predator.

The similarities aren't as obvious in UT2004, and if I started UT2004 as my first Unreal series, I probably never would have made the connection. However, the Skaarj Hybrids in UT were far more similar to Predators than the Gen Mo'kai or the UT2004 Skaarj, in my mind.

Comment

heh, thanks the the wallpaper, definitely a keeper. As for the movie, i don't even give a damn about acting or anything just so long as i get to see plenty of Predator vs Alien action (and no not in the sexual sense...that's just wrong), in fact i wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) if every human in the movie got killed...kinda hoping they do, a happy ending in a movie like this would suck IMO

as for the Predator's resemblance to some of the aliens/monsters/freaks in UT2004, i'd say the predators resemble the skaarj more then the Gen's, mainly cause the skaarj have the extendable claws, and the face is similar in that the tusks are kinda like the mandibles (not sure if that's what you call them) on the predator, also the skaarj aren't reverse jointed like the Gen's are....

Comment

Re: Aliens vs. Skaarj er.. I mean Predator

Originally posted by BooGiTyBoY

When the Predators are done there aren't going to be any left! BooYAH!
              aliens are gonna woop the preditors ASS'es!!!! hehe

actually, i could go either way on this one (if i had to choose who i wanted to win)... aliens look cooler.... predators seem a bit tougher (but w/o any weapons who knows?)... i *might* go w/ aliens just because they were created by giger hehe

Comment

Well so far on the AvP Official Website the aliens are winning by almost 500,000 votes...

BLASPHEMY!!! Mwahahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by BooGiTyBoY
                  Well so far on the AvP Official Website the aliens are winning by almost 500,000 votes...

BLASPHEMY!!! Mwahahahaha.
                  well, you gotta give the predators some kudo's.. i mean, sigorney weaver was able to take out an alien.... even arnold really couldn't do it.. the predator had to self destruct hehe

Comment

Well ... if somebody did a Skaarj Hybrid model, we could have some excellent Predator skins.

*cough*

Comment

I miss Skinwalker's Predator skin on the hybrid from classic UT... that thing ruled all.

Comment

Most of Skinwalkers UT skins rocked.
                        He used to be in my clan and did our clanskins.
                        The main reason I got involved with the clan (I didnt join it until after he left, but I hung out with them a lot) was because I loved the clanskins in their clan server at the time.

Last I heard he was working as a texture artist for some american games company, that was a couple of years ago.

Back on topic: AvP is gonna suck - with a PG13 rating you know its not going to be scary, and the violence will be toned right down. It wouldnt suprise me if the marines are the typical "American Hero" types, or if the marines are all totally useless, and a bunch of 13yr old kids arehte ones to save the day.

Comment

Skinwalker Lives!

His site is right ----->HERE<-----

And wouldn't you know it... he's got AvP stuff on the site LOL

Comment

the aliens should win, but i sense that the predator is supposed to be the hero of this movie and they probably want a happy ending for all you predator fans.

i mentioned this on my previous 'aliens' thread, but for anyone who is interested, you should d/l a short movie called 'batman dead end'. just google for it.

Comment

aliens will win ... the predators are so soft, when they're taking a beating they blow themselves up - cowards!

The aliens still give it some when they're up against a wall with a pistol firing into their heads and they don't use weapons ... up close and personal

Comment

Working...
                              X