Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Client-side add-ons, scripts, etc: Any must-haves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client-side add-ons, scripts, etc: Any must-haves?

I have the DVD special edition of UT2K4 and I didn't have much time to play it until now.

So, I'm wondering if there are any client-side must-haves like the ones that existed for Starsiege Tribes... Tribes had client-side mods that let you more easily find the flags, flag carriers, etc, etc.

Does anything like this exist for UT2K4?

If so, what are the must-haves?

If nothing like that exists, then what other must haves are there for UT2K4? (maps, mods, etc)

client side add-ons that help u find the flag\flag carrier easier....sounds like hacks :weird: ...

Comment

Nah, what I meant was in Tribes you had waypoints... You could waypoint the enemy flag, waypoint your flag, etc...

Somebody made a script that allowed you to press Ctrl-F to waypoint the enemy flag carrier (or your own flag carrier)... then somebody made a script to automatically waypoint the flag carriers...

Lots of scripts like this existed. Another example would be the auto-purchasing of items at the terminals. You would walk up to a terminal and the script would quickly purchase everything for (thus saving you time).

Not cheats at all.

Comment

I think most people would consider waypointing to be cheating in UT.
        In any case, I can't think of any programs to aid you while gaming that isn't considered cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by sofakng
          Nah, what I meant was in Tribes you had waypoints... You could waypoint the enemy flag, waypoint your flag, etc...

Somebody made a script that allowed you to press Ctrl-F to waypoint the enemy flag carrier (or your own flag carrier)... then somebody made a script to automatically waypoint the flag carriers...

Lots of scripts like this existed. Another example would be the auto-purchasing of items at the terminals. You would walk up to a terminal and the script would quickly purchase everything for (thus saving you time).

Not cheats at all.
          heheh soon as I read the title I knew u were a Triber

They don't do those in UT2k4. You can bind keys to do multiple actions like the Tribes jump-jet scripts but pretty much any modification is done via your user.ini which has all the detailed tweakable client-side options.

must haves will be the CBP2 map pack. Alien Swarm mod.

Comment

Tribes was probably the only game that was so ridiculously client-side extensible. Unfortunately in the interests of anti-cheat protection almost all games nowadays don't feature that level of scripting (I know you can write UScript but that's mostly server-reliant, not client-side.)

So no.

Comment

Working...
            X