• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaxopy
    The answers are

1) 40.8kg
    2)3.0 × 10^3 W

so far no one has been right

anyone know how to get these answers based on the question?
    Wow, maybe that is telling you something. Go to a physics forum. Use google to find one. They exist I am sure.

Comment

oopsie...slight mistake there, missed the equation and the problem b/c i didn't read close enough

Power = Work / Time ( i mistated the equation for work earlier); Work = Force * Distance

so....

Total mass = 4 * 65 kg = 260 kg

Force = 260 kg * 9.81m/s^2 = ~2551 N

Work = 2551N *140 m = 357140 N*m

Power = 357140 N*m / 120 seconds
      =2976 N*m/s or ~3000 W ( 1 watt = 1 N*m/s)

<<edit>> i see now that -ORC-P has already answered the question...so nevermind.<<edit>>

Comment

This thread reinforces my view on his OTHER thread about not using his brain and being a lamer...

I could answer these questions, but i wont in protest.

Comment

Such smart people

With such smart people playing UT2003, are any of them bothered by all the laws of physics broken by UT2003?

Having just played some BR, here's my current physics gripe.
          Gorge (150 kg) dodge jumps and hits Sapphire (50 kg) who has jumped straight up. They are both at the apex of their jumps when they hit each other. Do they have an elastic collision, where Gorge stops and drops and Asp is now moving with Gorge's horizontal velocity? Or do they have a plastic collision and they both move together at a portion of Gorge's initial horizontal velocity? NEITHER, it doesn't matter how massive Gorge is, nor how fast he goes. If he hit's something that isn't moving, ie a skinny massless female, he stops.

Advanced physics engine my a$$. It would flunk any college physics course.

Comment

Man, i have every science under my belt APART from Physics, prolly because its just maths v.2.
            At Current i have:

AS Biology
            AS Chemistry
            AS Environmental Science
            AS Science For Public Understanding

(O_o)

Comment

Looking in the back of your physics textbook I found this:

1)40.8kg
              2)3.0 × 10^3 W

there ya go homework done

Comment

Originally posted by Logue
                Looking in the back of your physics textbook I found this:

1)40.8kg
                2)3.0 × 10^3 W

there ya go homework done
                LOL...he will learn as much by doing that.

Did somebody say McDonalds?

Comment

I always copied from the back of the book then stole the formula from ppl in class prolly why I failed physics at A level but my life's now better cos of it ^_^

Comment

If ut2003 players await a game demo release for 3 weeks and epic promises to release it at X time. and the fun factor of this game is promised to be (fun(sq)*(2003/X))
                    How long will we wait for the demo before moving on to another game and lose interest?

Comment

u guyz r making me scared to take physics.. mayb ill just skip it

Comment

Re: Such smart people

Originally posted by French__Toast
                        ...Do they have an elastic collision, where Gorge stops and drops and Asp is now moving with Gorge's horizontal velocity? Or do they have a plastic collision and they both move together at a portion of Gorge's initial horizontal velocity?....
                        If both were naked I reckon the collision would definately be plastic :haha:

Comment

Re: Re: Such smart people

Originally posted by EntropicLqd
                          If both were naked I reckon the collision would definately be plastic :haha:
                          That is of course... calculating a positive attraction factor on her part

Comment

Re: Whos a physics genius? Two questions regarding Work/Energy

Originally posted by vaxopy
                            A swing is made from a rope that will tolerate a maximum tension of 800N without breaking. Initially, the swing hangs vertically. The swing is then pulled back at an angle of 60.0° with respect to the vertical and released from rest. What is the mass of the heaviest person who can ride the swing?

In 2.0 minutes, a ski lift raises four skiers at constant speed to a height of 140 m. The average mass of each skier is 65 kg. What is the average power provided by the tension in the cable pulling the lift?
                            First question: 42
                            Second question: 42
                            You just have to read the right books to know the answers to questions like this

Marko

Comment

Whos a physics genius?
                              Me I suppose I have a PhD in physics (seriously).

What is an angle ?

Comment

@vaxopy: your'll never learn this way.

Comment

Working...
                                X