Music: Hyperblast vs. Hyperblast redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music: Hyperblast vs. Hyperblast redux

As you might be aware, the music in DM-Hyberblast2 in UT2004 is strongly based on the music used for DM-Hyberblast in UT '99.

To listen to Hyperblast2 music, go to UT2004 dir/Music/KR-Hyperblast-Redux.ogg.

To listen to UT '99's Hyperblast music, go here

http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...ut/utmusic.zip

DL the zip and unpack. The files are in *.*.IT format, Winamp can play them. Specifically, Hyperblast music is named GODOWN.IT (That is GO DOWN, not GOD OWN ).

On a side note, since I can't have a multiple choice poll- which map do you like more? Would you rather play UT '99 Hyperblast with UT '99's game mechanics or would you rather play UT2004 Hyperblast with UT2004's game mechanics?

all of the classic music is better, except for SDG-ONS01, 05, and 08

Comment

Originally posted by Burnitall33
      all of the classic music is better, except for SDG-ONS01, 05, and 08
      I disagree completely :down: Music in UT2004 is far better, IMO. So are the death cries. The ambience, taunts, and EAX 2.0 was what was good in UT99. Although, I'll admit some of UT99 music is still pretty good.

Comment

ok, i forgot to mention that the UT99 music quality SUCKED, but i liked a lot of the music itself better, especially the GUI tune

Comment

I always preferred Razor-ub to Go Down. DM-Liandri was my favorite map. I want a UT2004 remake with a Razor-ub remix!

Comment

I hate it when in one part of the redux it sounds like 70's disco music...

Comment

ut1's music owns.

ut2004's music is simply pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                I hate it when in one part of the redux it sounds like 70's disco music...
                :haha: :up:

Comment

This Version still pwns.

Comment

Hyperblast > Hyperblast-Redux music
                    Deck16 music = Deck17 music. IMHO
                    UT2k4 main theme > UT main theme music

Comment

Originally posted by p4r4d0x
                      ut1's music owns.

ut2004's music is simply pathetic.
                      So AS-Junkyard, AS-Convoy, and Skaarj Assault aren't ut2004 music? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Gaal Dornik
                        Hyperblast > Hyperblast-Redux music
                        Deck16 music = Deck17 music. IMHO
                        Hyperblast music = Deck16 music
                        Hyperblast Redux = Deck17 music. :bulb:

And yes, IMO this poll is a rhethoric question. I'm amazed some people vote for the Redux... I'm guessing they either never played UT1, or are easily impressed by echoes and bad violin riffs.

And this is probably one of the few times I agree with p4r4d0x. UT2k4's music simply is not good enough for an Unreal title. Out of the 40 songs Kevin Riepl wrote only 5 or so are somewhat bearable, the other are a twisted mess of too fast beats, too many echoes, too many random noises, too many ambient sound, too many super fast violin riffs that all sound alike and most of all a total lack of flow.
                        Compare this with the UT1 music, or even the music Starsky Partridge made for UT2k3. Not one song with hyperactive beats, not one noise that isn't part of the song, no ambient sound whatsoever (newsflash Kevin Riepl, mappers can place their own ambient sounds) no echoes at all, a great flow and best off all not a SINGLE **** VIOLIN RIFF!

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                          Hyperblast music = Deck16 music
                          Hyperblast Redux = Deck17 music. :bulb:

And yes, IMO this poll is a rhethoric question. I'm amazed some people vote for the Redux... I'm guessing they either never played UT1, or are easily impressed by echoes and bad violin riffs.

And this is probably one of the few times I agree with p4r4d0x. UT2k4's music simply is not good enough for an Unreal title. Out of the 40 songs Kevin Riepl wrote only 5 or so are somewhat bearable, the other are a twisted mess of too fast beats, too many echoes, too many random noises, too many ambient sound, too many super fast violin riffs that all sound alike and most of all a total lack of flow.
                          Compare this with the UT1 music, or even the music Starsky Partridge made for UT2k3. Not one song with hyperactive beats, not one noise that isn't part of the song, no ambient sound whatsoever (newsflash Kevin Riepl, mappers can place their own ambient sounds) no echoes at all, a great flow and best off all not a SINGLE **** VIOLIN RIFF!
                          Yeah, we know what your stance is... And I guess many of you know what mine is.

Comment

Honestly who cares.

I know one of the first things I did was turn music off.

I haven't heard most of it, nor do I care to... I just crank the volume and listen for weapon pick ups and foot steps.

However when I do feel the need to listen to music, I turn on the stereo and pick the music I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
                              Yeah, we know what your stance is... And I guess many of you know what mine is.
                              But... but... the violin riffs.

And Saito, when I play 1on1 or TDM I'll turn the music off as well. For FFA DM, ONS and CTF I prefer it on though. However, considered the quality of the music in UT2k4 I'll leave the volume on 0.

Comment

Working...
                              X