OT: installing a radeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: installing a radeon

One of my parents decided to buy me a radeon 9600 pro and a 19 inch lcd monitor...now i need to uninstall my detonator drivers..how do i do that? sorry for the newbie question....:cry:

Just go into control panel, add remove programs, and you should see NVidia drivers in that list. Then just click the remove button.

Comment

the new catalyst 3.8 drivers are on the ati site if you dont want to use the ones on the cd

Comment

you have to have your nvidia card in,then uninstall the drivers,instead of rebooting turn it off and switch cards,install ati cats

i tried everything to get rid of a few nv files but couldnt.
        I had to reformat

Comment

Originally posted by If you see kay
          i tried everything to get rid of a few nv files but couldnt.
          I had to reformat
          where they affecting performance?

Comment

I didnt do benchmarks,but yes I believe they were
            2 undeletable files, nvmini and some nv.dll
            I tried like 6 different ways to get rid of them without counting the programs or destroyers
            hey, a reforamt never hurts,pcs run great aftarwards:up:
            But i would do it the way I said first before a format,esp if your unprepared or havent had experience reformating very much.
            I was told to get rid of the bad files the nvidia card has to be in
            didnt try it i just got frustrated instead and decided to start clean

Comment

you want the det destroyer program.

let me repeat that.

you really... want the det destroyer program (which i think nvidia offers for download)

Comment

I tried every destroyer,rip,nasty file remover,renameing and deleting without sucess,actually i havent got them to work on xp only win 98,Ive read the same from others.
                det destroyers
                edit:hey the nv 52.xx is out ,how do the stack up now*me scampers off to look*

Comment

I'd backup my data and reformat just to be cautious. That's how I did it with mine, didn't want no pesky nvidia **** interfering... w/ nvidia, you never know... lol

Comment

I had to re-install too and i would recommend you to do so as well.
                    I used Detonator Destroyer AND Nasty File Remover and still some nvidia files were doing weird stuff with my shiny new Radeon...

Comment

Driver cleaner did the trick for me. I installed my radeon without reformatting or anything else, the nvidia drivers didn't bug my radeon at all.

Comment

are you sure?
                        run a search for nv

Comment

I would REALLY like to avoid another format....i formatted 2 times in 2 days and that was just 5 days ago....i guess i'll try to run the card without format and then i'll see.....NOT ANOTHER FORMAT OR I'LL COMMITT SUICIDE..

Comment

Working...
                          X