Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favorite SNEAKY techniques in ONS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your favorite SNEAKY techniques in ONS?

Here's two of mine:

1) Link up with an enemy who is charging a node. I find that if I can come up behind them they don't figure out I'm an enemy until they're dead. Very fun. Easy kill.

2) Light up the enemies Hellbender Sky Mines with your shock primary. This works best on a small map like Primeval. Hellbenders are usually camped and filling the center node with Sky Mines. If I can position myself correctly I can prevent the orbs from reaching our side. Often times get some bonus kills if an enemy is standing near their Hellbender. It may inflict damage on the Hellbender too, but I'm not sure.

Don't know if it's sneaky but I do enjoy Double jumping over Mantas & Scorpions

Comment

If another hellbender is parked and firing skymines at me trying to kill me, I just shoot the skybeam at them and so they blow themselves up with their own skymines

Comment

I like to jump onto the turret of goliath's while shooting down and also to just to walk right next to the levi. and shoot at it

Comment

My favorite sneaky technique is to drive a hellbender into a node, jump out, and shoot the redeemer.

Comment

Not exactly sneaky, but I do have a habit of jumping on enemy tanks to shieldgun them to death.

That and I put sticky grenades on my Mantas. If there's an enemy tank, I fly my Manta into them, jump out and detonate.

Comment

Mantas like to fly up to my Hellbender. I shoot off a few plasma balls, jump out while they have thier attention on it and Avril or Rocket them to death. ;p

I do like the first one though... linking to them while they charge stuff up.

Comment

Sometimes I'll switch to the secondary gunner position in a tank so as not to draw attention if I'm all alone and waiting for more people to show up.

This works especially well on red planet, when on the red team... no movement, no noise, people won't bother with (what they think is) a vacant enemy tank.

Sometimes I roll up on a node and switch to the side gunner position, and just sit for a bit. When an enemy walks up in search of a ride, *pschew pschew pschew TONG*

Comment

I like to plant grenadas on an enemy vehicle and wait for someone to get in adn just as they drive away detonate them

Comment

step 1) link primary VS enemy node + distance = i win

step 2) minigun + distance = enemy cant build node

step 3) wait for reinforcements to help build & build = we win

Comment

willhaven dont kill me for this but i like sneaking under ons-redplanet n killing everyone
                      [edit] i wont tell anyone how to do this because it will destroy the map's gameplay, i also dont do this very often

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-

Willhaven plays ONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Approx.Purified
                          I like to plant grenadas on an enemy vehicle and wait for someone to get in adn just as they drive away detonate them
                          Very fun! Here's one I've done a couple times:

Stick a full eight grenades on my Raptor in Red Planet. Bang it up to be sure it's gonna blow, about 150 HP. Then fly toward enemy base and ditch it so it lands by their core and I land on a rock ledge above (with a sniper rifle).

Wait for the enemy to hijack the Raptor. Give them a few seconds to enjoy the thrill of the hijack. Then alt-fire my grenade launcher... bye bye.

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-

willhaven's plans look like the coyote ones :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Taboo
                              Don't know if it's sneaky but I do enjoy Double jumping over Mantas & Scorpions
                              Cool. I've jumped over Scorpions a few times. Didn't realize you could do it with Mantas too. It would seem that the Manta has to be crouching and / or you have to jump over the wings. If you jumped over the cabin you'd probably still die, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X