Hoppy's World is now Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoppy's World is now Open

Yep, you guessed it. Another New Server thread. This is my little server that is open for the public. Based in Dallas most everyone in the US should get really good pings.

It currently have CTF, Insta CTF, ONS, VCTF(39 maps) and DM running on it right now. It is still very new so i haven't had a chance to Add very many custom maps to it, but looks for a ton more to be added very soon.

We are currently running AntiTCC 1.17 right now. Mainly because last night i opened for a short test run and got a botter within 5 minutes :sour: So i am sorry if this causes anybody problems.

It is only a 10 man server as that is all i can afford.

Come on in one of these days and give it a shot.

IP: [UT2004]66.150.221.124:7777[/UT2004]

...Dallas, eh? Messa gonna have to check this out. Only DM for me, thanks.

Comment

Hope to see ya aorund man!

Comment

Ill check it out sometime

Comment

:up: :up: :up:

Comment

Re: Hoppy's World is now Open

Originally posted by usahoppy
            ]
            [/B]
            Ya, that's more than most people can afford. I say thank you for providing a great service to the community and hope to play on your server soon. The more servers the better, simple as that, yet not that simple. Don't think for a second that when I play online I'm not aware of the financial cost and time consumed in running (by the admin :heart: .) a decent server, and that I'm not grateful. I'm grateful, otherwise, I have only the bots to look forward to.

Comment

I went there, was empty, waited about 10 minutes, another player that I had played with before showed up, only to tell me about ANOTHER player that I play with botting, which is really sad because he actually is an ok player. So I left and specced him on another server, and sure enough...

Anyway I did add Hoppy's World to my favs! Thx Hoppy!:heart:

Comment

Re: Re: Hoppy's World is now Open

Originally posted by meKilgore
                Ya, that's more than most people can afford. I say thank you for providing a great service to the community and hope to play on your server soon. The more servers the better, simple as that, yet not that simple. Don't think for a second that when I play online I'm not aware of the financial cost and time consumed in running (by the admin :heart: .) a decent server, and that I'm not grateful. I'm grateful, otherwise, I have only the bots to look forward to.
                Thanks man. It does cost a lot of money, but last night we were full and i had a blast. I'm not too good at mapping, I'm don't know code, i'm not even going to touch maya with a ten foot pole, so this is how i'm giving back to the community.

But i do have a new found respect for people like Flak and Cain who handle several servers at once. It is not easy getting one set up and ready for use. I couldn't imagine having to deal with more then mine

But i am always open to Ideas about the server guys. I am going to get some more custom maps on there it is just a matter of time.

Comment

ok I know this sounds crazy but I one of them wierdos who would like to see a CTF game with translocator disabled just to see how it plays for something different.
                  I haven't seen that in anything other server than a few instagib. I think it add a whole different strategy to the game.

Comment

Re: Hoppy's World is now Open

Originally posted by usahoppy
                    Yep, you guessed it. Another New Server thread. This is my little server that is open for the public. Based in Dallas most everyone in the US should get really good pings.

It currently have CTF, Insta CTF, ONS, VCTF(39 maps) and DM running on it right now. It is still very new so i haven't had a chance to Add very many custom maps to it, but looks for a ton more to be added very soon.

We are currently running AntiTCC 1.17 right now. Mainly because last night i opened for a short test run and got a botter within 5 minutes :sour: So i am sorry if this causes anybody problems.

Come on in one of these days and give it a shot.

IP: [UT2004]66.150.221.124:7777[/UT2004]

hi hoppy i am from euro as you know (i think ) but im gona check out yer server i think its always a good thing more servers=better

Comment

Well, you should have decent pings. Most of my clan is in the UK and they get anywhere from 120-150. Not great, but not crappy either. Look to see ya around!:up:

Comment

You know I'll be visiting! Good luck with your server!

Comment

Originally posted by sirkel28
                          ok I know this sounds crazy but I one of them wierdos who would like to see a CTF game with translocator disabled just to see how it plays for something different.
                          I haven't seen that in anything other server than a few instagib. I think it add a whole different strategy to the game.
                          Nothing wrong w/ being one of those wierdos, I'm one too. I don't much care for CTF but I do want to play BR w/ TL disabled. There was a server out there that advertised it being disabled here. I added them to my favs at one point to check them out but accidetally deleted it from favs before I could. I may have to dig up the IP again soon. Sounds like I'll have to check out this one as well for DM though.

Thanks Hoppy!

Comment

Originally posted by sirkel28
                            No i don't think your crazy at all. I personally think that it takes less skill to use a TL. When i say that i mean that to get from point A to point B it takes less skill. I've always thought that you should have to fight and sneak your way to the flag.

Thanks Flak, hope to see you there too! I may just have to pick your brain about a couple of things too one of these days.

Comment

Shamefull Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X