Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by soupyx
    As far as cheaters go, it does seem excessive to make the software itself reflect the paranoia of conservative political forces in today's culture.
    I can almost hear the stretching for that asinine analogy.

    I know all of my Admin decisions and whether or not I accuse someone of cheating are filtered through my political beliefs :bulb:.

    Comment


      Hey... it's a stretch, but it's a healthy stretch.

      I like to imagine that all my opponents in the game are members of the **** Cheney clone army.

      Comment


        Originally posted by soupyx
        Hey... it's a stretch, but it's a healthy stretch.

        I like to imagine that all my opponents in the game are members of the **** Cheney clone army.
        Whatever works for you.

        I disagree with people I think are wrong, I don't fanasize about killing them.

        Comment


          One person's wrong is another person's evil.

          I'm usually quite peaceful.

          Comment


            As I've said many times before, tolerance is a one way street.

            Comment


              And I believe that there are situations in the world (outside of games) that really are serious enough to put tolerance aside for a while. Arrogance, aggression, and cynicism are not to be tolerated.

              ENOUGH POLITICAL ****! I'M SORRY I SAID ANYTHING!!!

              Back to total electronic destruction.

              Comment


                Originally posted by soupyx
                And I believe that there are situations in the world (outside of games) that really are serious enough to put tolerance aside for a while. Arrogance, aggression, and cynicism are not to be tolerated.

                ENOUGH POLITICAL ****! I'M SORRY I SAID ANYTHING!!!

                Back to total electronic destruction.
                I agree....

                It's in my nature to argue (I should have been a Lawyer but I'm not a good enough liar ).

                However, I don't think aggression is a pejorative. Aggressiveness can be productive. Just ask any good football player or business person.

                Comment


                  Is it true that Epic doesn't pay any attention of demos of botters if its not from Admin?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mc-fine
                    Is it true that Epic doesn't pay any attention of demos of botters if its not from Admin?
                    TBH, I'm not sure how much attention Epic pays to demos regardless of who submits them.

                    My admin buddy of mine submitted an aimbot demo (serverside) about a month ago and has heard nothing back. Oh well, it's the thought that counts I guess.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by SJAndrew
                      TBH, I'm not sure how much attention Epic pays to demos regardless of who submits them.

                      My admin buddy of mine submitted an aimbot demo (serverside) about a month ago and has heard nothing back. Oh well, it's the thought that counts I guess.
                      Yeah I just sent one a few days ago and haven't heard anything either.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by SJAndrew
                        This is an excellent point. Wormbo's mutators are infinitely better than the grand total of zero I've ever written. So, in its proper context, ATCC is a worthwhile if not noble venture.
                        Before Epic hires Wormbo, they should hire the people who make software of equal quality, like the Comet Curor, Gator and of course, Derek Smart (aka Supreme Commander).

                        Battlefield Earth is infinitely better than the grand total of zero movies I have made. So, in its proper context, Battlefield Earth is a worthwhile if not noble venture.

                        Comment


                          LOL, I can't think if any context in which Battlefield Earth is noble .

                          I think Imaginos' point was that one cannot be too quick to criticize Wormbo as he's doing this using his own resources and for free.

                          Comment


                            ok you guys can have this laggy game i am done ...Epic good job rolls eyes! I will never in my life understand how you can take a great game like Ut and so make it so crappy....and to those of you who still do not believe anti cc and other anti cheat protection laggs the game well good luck enjoy it!

                            Comment


                              *sigh* leave already...

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Magwa
                                ok you guys can have this laggy game i am done ...Epic good job rolls eyes! I will never in my life understand how you can take a great game like Ut and so make it so crappy....and to those of you who still do not believe anti cc and other anti cheat protection laggs the game well good luck enjoy it!
                                Whoa! Hold on there brother!

                                I think maybe you're overreacting a little. Not everyone runs anticheat.. surely there's servers out near you that you can call home. One can always work up a rapport with the admins on the servers you frequent most and demonstrate the effects that are bugging you so much. Maybe they will see things your way and rely on the old fashioned neighborhood watch to catch any monkey business.
                                You certainly appear to feel very strongly about this. I can't imagine this hasn't been discussed in-game many times over with your regular frag/clan/team-mates that see the problem and feel the same. So hell, why not pass the hat and get a server up that you can have configured exactly as you like it - sans anticheat laggage. I'll be happy to help out on the tech side if you need it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X