Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saito
    No I agree with you... and we do admin our servers and if you had a problem with somebody our forums can fix that fast.

It's just becoming another issue of PUB servers and another reason to hide behind locked games and scrims.

Maybe there needs to be a list of well admined servers for various game types...
    that is a great idea and i know i would be happy if i had only one or two server that i could just go play on and enjoy the peeps there win lose or draw.

Mabye Epic has just given us to much in this gameit is moddble to the max and the more it is modded the less people agree.

if they made two games one multiplayer and one single players and just make the multi a set format ..(bad idea ) people would complain about that too....as i try to play now every server i go to is different and the game is never the same it is just hard to get itno the game these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa
      that is a great idea and i know i would be happy if i had only one or two server that i could just go play on and enjoy the peeps there win lose or draw.

Yeah, I have a couple servers (not all UTComp) that I know the admins and clans first hand (was in them, still talk to them daily) that don't run antiTCC or the like. But I still think it's safe to play there because the admin is just an AIM away and I know them well enough to just say "ban XXX" and they'll hop on and get into it. And a couple have been kind enough to give me admin there so I can ban at will.

There are also a couple staples per gametype with good level players that know the admins (usualy UTcomp) that don't allow smack tards and don't run antiTCC.

To be honest I am just sick of the silly amount of checks to get into a game. Yeah it's only a little bit of time but it's a pain.

It's just kinda sad, most security programs are just an exuse not to admin your own server.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeep
        all the stupid paranoia about cheaters........ you'll see one once every gazillion games, so what, laugh at the pathetic loser, notifiy the admin and find a different server.

Comment

Originally posted by bid
          The anti tcc lag is permanent.
          how about... NO

simple isnt true, get more ram

Comment

Originally posted by Fnix.USA
            At least our anticheats are'nt as bad as Quakes.
            but those ones work

Comment

The game was definitely better with all the cheaters.

At least it was for the cheaters . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Burnitall33
                but those ones work Originally posted by Fnix.USA
                At least our anticheats are'nt as bad as Quakes.
                PunkBuster does not lag Q3. AntiTCC is 100x worse than PunkBuster.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeep
                  all the stupid paranoia about cheaters........ you'll see one once every gazillion games, so what, laugh at the pathetic loser, notifiy the admin and find a different server.
                  I am taking the time to second that.

I too have experienced 4 sever kicks b/c of wacked out anti-cheat checks.

Comment

Originally posted by chrio500
                    I am taking the time to second that.

I too have experienced 4 sever kicks b/c of wacked out anti-cheat checks.
                    I got kicked with anti TCC cuz someone was using the raptor model (NOT ME) and it save me some chit about raptorvoice.u

Comment

its not the anticheat that is ruining the game, its the cheaters, without them, the anticheat wouldn't be necesarry. So if you could convince everybody not to cheat, you don't have to have that stuf anymore

Comment

I have to say I'm fortunate in that I run Deathball servers which, by the nature of the game, are not good candidates for cheating.. (You want to aimbot in deathball?! Hahaha!)

I do support UTAN - I run it on my servers and encourage my fellow admins to run it as well. It is very effective in that all participants can benefit from the efforts of the aggressive bot hunting of some admins. Please don't rise up with the skill arguments and false accusations, every UTAN global ban for botting has evidence that can be examined by any admin that questions it on behalf of the accused. Again though, running Deathball, bots aren't a threat to our community. Instead, we use it as a way to share Deathball-specific bans/suspensions via a community GISP, which is very effective at keeping order.

AntiTCC is a great effort for one man. I commend Wormbo for shouldering the burden of combating the free reign of botters. I wish he did have the full support of Epic and that they seriously consider taking him onto the development team. I imagine that once he was an in-house developer, AntiTCC could certainly be better integrated to UT and improve the preformance.
                        My experience with it sofar is limited to the latest release, 117. I don't really have a need to run it, but with a lot of new faces in my server lately, I thought I would let it sweep for a while to make sure everyone was playing clean. I don't care to allow cheats/cheaters of any kind on my server. If they have an inactive bot installed and AntiTCC finds it, they're gone. Period.
                        What I and my players have seen is that there is a lag hitch as your client is secured and then it's pretty much unnoticable after that. I can live with that, especially if players must be ready is on. Arguably, Deathball isn't as sensitive to lag as say 1.35speed LG/IG, so my satisfaction may not be typical. I will say there's no continuous lag problem, and no increase of the ping.

On the issue of cheating in general, it is an ongoing problem comparable to virus protection - forever escalating. Epic needs to act aggressively to protect its game and keep it honest and playable. While some measures may seem too obtrusive now, there is hope that things will improve. I remind you, Wormbo's remarkable accomplishments toward busting the scumbags is just one man's work! Be patient. Consider anti-cheat measures to be like security cameras that watch in place of playing admins.. People know they are there and are less likely to do something stupid.
                        Please, support your local admins and all efforts to keep our game clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Imaginos
                          I commend Wormbo for shouldering the burden of combating the free reign of botters. I wish he did have the full support of Epic and that they seriously consider taking him onto the development team. I imagine that once he was an in-house developer, AntiTCC could certainly be better integrated to UT and improve the preformance.
                          This is an excellent point. Wormbo's mutators are infinitely better than the grand total of zero I've ever written. So, in its proper context, ATCC is a worthwhile if not noble venture.

Nevertheless, I think anti cheating mutators are far less necessary than the community thinks. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've seen a grand total of three cheaters since the 2003 demo.

Personally, I value an end to the "hacker" accusations more than I value an end to the cheating. But, they're symbiotic in nature. Only an end to cheating will stop constant accusations. Since nothing right now stops all cheats and people accuse away, I continue to run UTAN only as the downfall of ATCC and the like are more proround than their benefits (imo).

Comment

Re: Re: this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

Originally posted by bid
                            Agreed! I can't put up with servers with anti tcc because of the unbearable lag. Anti TCC is worse than punkbuster, much worse.

Curing the disease by killing the patient is never a good idea.

If this continues, I'm out.
                            I agree with this 100%. AntiTCC was good but is now a serious piece of laggy *****. I was totally impressed with this software before all the lag. Now the problem has escalated because alot of servers have this software on. I had lag n freezes no matter how short they are. I didn't pay $2600 on a computer to play a game and have it look like a 1950's f'n Charlie Chaplin movie.

I removed AntiTCC 1.17 and went with UTSecure = no more lag n freezing. I suggest all you server boiz do the same. This is killing the community IMO.

*grumble grumble mutter Anti....blah blah TCC piece of ****** :down:

Comment

You do realize that many of UTAN's global bans are the result of AntiTCC's client checks, yes? Relying on UTAN as your sourcelisting to keep the bad guys out is both a validation of and indirect use of AntiTCC.

I wonder what the ratio of TCC detects vs admin spectating/demoing is.

Comment

It seems clear that, in life, things we love that are not under our direct control will often change in ways that displease us. As with before PC gaming, it is important to simply enjoy what you enjoy when you're enjoying it.

As far as cheaters go, it does seem excessive to make the software itself reflect the paranoia of conservative political forces in today's culture. I agree with the sentiment that people are often too lazy to protect what they supposedly love. Ban the rare ******* that needs banning.

This release seems to have several facets that contribute to lagging. Not an expert, just a noob... but the software seems bloated, kind of like Oprah Winfrey.

Comment

Working...
                                X