Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AoA Reclaimer
    to be honest hang around those servers without antitcc, I always see 3 to 4 bots a week
    All the servers I frequent run UTAN at the most and I've seen 2 cheats in about 16 months.

Comment

Originally posted by SJAndrew
      All the servers I frequent run UTAN at the most and I've seen 2 cheats in about 16 months.
      And those 2 are 2 of the ones I've seen. They were hitting all the decent west pubs for a while there.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
        Oh I have 2 things to say regarding this.

This game is far from ruined.
        If anything is hurting this game, its the BOTTERS themselves and the PARANOIA they cause.

It's not the cheat protection.
        The game IS far from being ruined, but thats how gunbound started, then it slowly strangled itself to death, and to the point where I just wanted to kill their admins.

The Botters arent a problem, they can be spotted, they can be dealt with, and they can always be exposed publicly, and of course UTAN always helps. The Paranoia they cause is what is starting to kill this game, because if your good and you go to someone who is new at the game you'll either look like a god or a cheater. Then of course it escalates and all...

IT IS the cheat protection, after all it is the result of paranoia and the botters is it not? The cheat protection kills the game for the group of people who experience lag with it. I personally love to see cheats exposed and patched, but I hate it when it comes at a cost. From my standpoint:

I bought this game, for the thrill and challange of meeting people online, having fun, for fully working servers. But I always kept in the back of my mind that people would not be soo friendly. The first 10 or 11 games were fine and ran smoothly. But then "whats this?" antcc116f, antcc117, antcc116e, why am I downloading these files... Loading screen "Loading... ONS-Dria..." enter the game and what not for the first second everything is moving like it should be. Suddenly everything becomes choppy, laggy, then it freezes entirely. After about 20 seconds I am finally unstuck from that dreaded state only to find "You were killed by Player_1."

- Personally I didn't buy this game for it to be ruined by Anti Cheat. Although Anti TCC 117 doesn't lag as much as 116 its still noticable. I have everything needed for this game, a more then adequet connection, a Graphics card that will allow me to set the level of detail, effect, etc of the game to the maximum possible. 2 powerful proccessors, and a more then ample amount of memory to keep the textures in.

You see I loved the experience of the first 10 or 11 games, but then that either 12th or 13th game just killed a piece of it.

Comment

Re: this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

Originally posted by Magwa
          All this anti cheat protection if flat out runing this game it laggs like a tug boat being towed backwards by the titanic.The pings were much better before the patches and now they are even worse with the lagg ...this is freeking ridiculas!If everyone would quit *****in about cheaters and just ban them from the servers we would not need all this useless garbage ruining this game!

this game has been on shaky ground ever since 2003 it is heading down the wrong path.
          Agreed! I can't put up with servers with anti tcc because of the unbearable lag. Anti TCC is worse than punkbuster, much worse.

Curing the disease by killing the patient is never a good idea.

If this continues, I'm out.

Comment

If antiTCC is giving you hell, just load up UTAN and ditch antiTCC till you can tweak it.

Comment

AntiTCC lags my game all to hell when I join.
              Do I care? Not really.
              10, 20 seconds and it's over with. Just stay out of the way until the checks finish(the laggiest part is verifying the client)

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                10, 20 seconds and it's over with.
                The anti tcc lag is permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by Saito
                  If antiTCC is giving you hell, just load up UTAN and ditch antiTCC till you can tweak it.
                  Dude it's not up to me, it's the server admins.

Comment

Originally posted by bid
                    Dude it's not up to me, it's the server admins.
                    I am an admin, and I think we killed it from most of our servers. The only ones it's on are tweaked.

IE the 4th server in my sig is tweaked, it will lag to hell when it checks you and then you are free... the rest don't run it. The 4th was set up by -=SPP=-Mrunderwonder and its tweaked well.

IMHO antiTCC is a kinda a cop out. It's a good fix if you can't be there to admin things. It does it's job but not without some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by bid
                      The anti tcc lag is permanent.
                      Then it's a problem with the server.
                      Every server I've been on with ATCC was laggy at the beginning and that was it

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                        Then it's a problem with the server.
                        Every server I've been on with ATCC was laggy at the beginning and that was it
                        the main problem is during the game when other people join it causes you to lagg shot lagg just like slow motion then poof gone then back ....it is stupid! just have the people playing on your server take names of cheaters look at the admin log and bann them no lagg !

Comment

the main problem is during the game when other people join it causes you to lagg shot lagg just like slow motion then poof gone then back ....it is stupid! just have the people playing on your server take names of cheaters look at the admin log and bann them no lagg !
                          That assumes two things

1. the players actualy take names and send them to the admin.

2. the admin checks the logs.

neither happen often.

Comment

Originally posted by Saito
                            That assumes two things

1. the players actualy take names and send them to the admin.

2. the admin checks the logs.

neither happen often.
                            unfortunately you are correct but is it not a better alternative to layer upon layer of anticheat? are we so lazy in todays society we cannot even police something we claim to love? sad it is sad.

Comment

unfortunately you are correct but is it not a better alternative to layer upon layer of anticheat? are we so lazy in todays society we cannot even police something we claim to love? sad it is sad.
                              No I agree with you... and we do admin our servers and if you had a problem with somebody our forums can fix that fast.

It's just becoming another issue of PUB servers and another reason to hide behind locked games and scrims.

Maybe there needs to be a list of well admined servers for various game types...

Comment

Judging from history, nothing will ever stop the majority of admins from ensuring that people don't play their server. The ONLY way this will stop if Epic takes steps to disable Anti TCC by preventing mutators/mods from calculation crc/md5 or whatever Anti TCC uses to authenticate clients.

Comment

Working...
                                X