Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This post is in no way aimed at Wormbo i think any one doing something for the community should be commended not ridiculed.My point is that it does not work right and what we do not need is something that makes the game run worse.....by the looks of the posts here i am not the only one with the problem.

Comment

only read the first couple of posts on this. to origianl poster. go play ut99. and give me your cd key for 2k4. i know several people that will put it to good use.

oh and if it's that bad. leave the server and find a better one. can't find one. then uninstall the game and send it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa
        This post is in no way aimed at Wormbo i think any one doing something for the community should be commended not ridiculed.My point is that it does not work right and what we do not need is something that makes the game run worse.....by the looks of the posts here i am not the only one with the problem.
        Your not the only one that feels that way.

Comment

Originally posted by AoA Reclaimer
          to be honest hang around those servers without antitcc, I always see 3 to 4 bots a week
          No you don't, it's all in your head. Learn to accept how skillful people can be.

Comment

Dude whhy dont u just get rid of anti tcc and install ut secure. i have my server running it and it barely ever lags. If it does its about 5 seconds in the beginning. But u know if u wan tto play and not get bothered u could always host your own server off ur computer for free. thats whati do...

Comment

Originally posted by PaintMonster
              only read the first couple of posts on this. to origianl poster. go play ut99. and give me your cd key for 2k4. i know several people that will put it to good use.

oh and if it's that bad. leave the server and find a better one. can't find one. then uninstall the game and send it to me.
              LMAO that was a really good responce what does UT99 have to do with it????It lags just as bad with 1400 layers of Utpure on it ....besides get a job buy your own game i am not the salvation Army. and i am not taken you to raise!

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa
                LMAO that was a really good responce what does UT99 have to do with it????
                Exactly. It has nothing to do with it, so can we stop hearing about it already?

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlaster200
                  UT2004 wont turn into something like that because any decent person can "see" whats happening and can easily record a sample in a video which serves as proof towards a case. Last time I played counter strike I recall not have such a system of evidence. IF I remember correctly hacks were still made, worked, and hidden from the anti-cheat systems, and software that was used to "attempt" to prevent it.

Simple enough, anti-cheat programs arent going to stop the problem. You have to hit it where it matters, the "people" not the "hack." UT has the ability to record proof, and like I said before the last time I played CS there was no ability to do such.
                  But only server admins can actually call DrSin and report a cheater. A regular player, apart from making a demo, needs to contact an admin, give the info regarding the cheater, time and server, and then, PERHAPS, the admin will take action and call DrSin.

Comment

Oh I have 2 things to say regarding this.

This game is far from ruined.
                    If anything is hurting this game, its the BOTTERS themselves and the PARANOIA they cause.

It's not the cheat protection.

Comment

The best solution is to just stick to servers that you either know the admin, or know are admined well.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                        Oh I have 2 things to say regarding this.

This game is far from ruined.
                        If anything is hurting this game, its the BOTTERS themselves and the PARANOIA they cause.

It's not the cheat protection.
                        You getting testy with me girl???? Since the game (for ME!) ran with no problems right out of the box,I have to put the blame where it belongs on the cheat protection.The same thing happened to UT99 when they tried to find a way to rid the world of Botters they came out with CSHP and Utpure and other cheat protection,a great idea but it DON"T work because every time they get it right ,they (the Botter scum) write a new one and it just starts stacking up and checking this and that and BooM! Lag! it is my story i am sticking to it Flak. of course if you want to beat me up meet me on a server ...

Comment

In all the time I've played UT2k3/UT2k4 I've hardly ever run into cheaters. There've been 2 that for sure were speed hacking and one or two I was 99% sure was botting, but couldn't spec to make certain and that's about it. A few other times I've run across someone I thought -might- be botting... Every time I've specced one of those "-might- be botting" players so far, it's turned out to be a skilled player with a steady low ping.

AntiTCC lags the game so bad I generally just leave a server as soon as I see that "verifying files" message. I'm not the only one does that either.

The way I see it cheating really isn't much of a problem, but all the paranioa over cheating and subsequent well intentioned but misguided efforts to prevent cheating is a very large problem.

Edit: Oh yeah, I have run into a couple invis hacks too. That makes 4 for sure cheaters and 2 possibles I've seen in all the time since UT2k3 was released. The for sures were banned from all the servers I play regularly on within a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by MBot
                            Haha, I just enter the game and see gazillions of cheaters every day. Where do you play the game? Maybe in a closed box without internet connection?

I stopped playing the game, because of these *******-cheaters! I only play the game against good friends on a LAN, that way I'm sure, there is no cheater. Playing on the net sucks big time, cause most of the people cheat in some way!
                            :weird:

I've played a LOT (almost daily) since the 2003 demo and I've seen a grand total of 3 legit cheaters (one aimbot, one speedhack, and one invis hack). I've seen 1000+ hack/cheat accusations in that time. Even I've been called a cheater many times (I always find this amusing).

The bottom line is I doubt your credibility when you say you've seen a gazillions cheaters every day.

I think in general that the paranoia associated with cheating is infinitely more rampant than actual cheating. Moreover, I think anti cheat programs create more problems than they solve (sooo many false positives, lag, inadvertant banning et cetera).

To each his/her own, but this admin doesn't run ATCC or UTSecure. UTAN makes a lot more sense to me. ATCC/UTSecure seem to be lowest common denominator think inasmuch as they punish everyone for the actions (or perceived actions) of a statistically insigificant portion of the gaming community. I might think differently if I thought REAL cheating was more rampant. But, I have NOT seen any evidence to back it up. It's an annoying and exceedingly rare occurance (in my playing experience).

n00bs saying F******* G** hacker is all too common .

Note to the new players out there.....accusing someone of cheating 9999999/10000000 times only serves to announce you as a new player who doesn't know what he's talking about.

This is I bet (partly) why elite players never play on public servers. I get accused about once a month and I suck. I can't imagine Burnie playing online. I bet he can only play for about 3 minutes until someone calls him a cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by AoA Reclaimer
                              to be honest hang around those servers without antitcc, I always see 3 to 4 bots a week
                              I actively avoid AntiTCC servers and the lag associated with them yet I hardly ever run into cheaters. Quite frequently however, I do run into new players (aka newbies) who routinely accuse better players of cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by SJAndrew
                                .......and I suck.
                                liar.:noob:

Comment

Working...
                                X