Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EntropicLqd
    That's not the anti-cheat though - it's simply because it's having to fetch a model and skin from disk.
    That sounds plausable except when you have the yellow announcement "Anti TCC is now verifying your files..." and the wait time seems the same on other servers running anti TCC (I can quickly tell its anti TCC because the lag is huge) - so if the server has the announcement disabled yuo could still more or less tell.

Personally the only lag I ever get is when someone joins the game mid-way (or during the initial couple of seconds of the game).
    Thats a different case it seems more like an enternity.

Of course I give certain servers some leniancy when determining when or if they are running anti TCC, because some of the IP's are people running servers off their own hard drives (I can tell from the familiar Comcast, rogers, etc IP ranges)

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
      Where have you been?
      Been on the road almost all summer since april 22nd i get home for a week or two at a time and bam! new patches and new anti cheat stuff and now those servers are almost unplayable ..wish i could play on yours but the distance and ping are just two great oh well easy come easy go..glad to see alot of the old players are still here way to many new 2004 peeps here to give me flak..Hmmmmm i could handle flak

Comment

do it my way if anyone if found cheating there CD KEY is banned of the master server (including IP for all futher)

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
          Magwa are you in a bad mood tonight?

New antiTCC out, lags much less. Tell your favorite server admin to install it
          lags much less lol.....sory but it shouldnt lag at all...

Comment

Originally posted by hellseeker
            lags much less lol.....sory but it shouldnt lag at all...
            Sorry, but would you rather want UT2004 turn into a CS hack fest?

Comment

there are more important issues to worry about

i wont name them, you figure them out yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Yourself
                Sorry, but would you rather want UT2004 turn into a CS hack fest?
                UT2004 wont turn into something like that because any decent person can "see" whats happening and can easily record a sample in a video which serves as proof towards a case. Last time I played counter strike I recall not have such a system of evidence. IF I remember correctly hacks were still made, worked, and hidden from the anti-cheat systems, and software that was used to "attempt" to prevent it.

Simple enough, anti-cheat programs arent going to stop the problem. You have to hit it where it matters, the "people" not the "hack." UT has the ability to record proof, and like I said before the last time I played CS there was no ability to do such.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeep
                  all the stupid paranoia about cheaters........ you'll see one once every gazillion games, so what, laugh at the pathetic loser, notifiy the admin and find a different server.
                  Haha, I just enter the game and see gazillions of cheaters every day. Where do you play the game? Maybe in a closed box without internet connection?

I stopped playing the game, because of these *******-cheaters! I only play the game against good friends on a LAN, that way I'm sure, there is no cheater. Playing on the net sucks big time, cause most of the people cheat in some way!

Comment

thing is, if there was no cheat protection at all, people would be crying for it. we'd see threads saying "someone please make a cheat protection or i'm going to quit playing".

i have run every version of antitcc and have people tell me how good the server runs all the time, but i do disable a lot of the checks i feel i don't need until someone comes in and exploits them, so it could be how it's configured on these servers. there's one big hitch in the very start, but guess what? i just tested it without antitcc and that hitch is still there. there are a few small hitches from the checks for the first 5 to 10 seconds and after that it runs fine.

Comment

Originally posted by MBot
                      Haha, I just enter the game and see gazillions of cheaters every day. Where do you play the game? Maybe in a closed box without internet connection?

I stopped playing the game, because of these *******-cheaters! I only play the game against good friends on a LAN, that way I'm sure, there is no cheater. Playing on the net sucks big time, cause most of the people cheat in some way!
                      Wow, nothing personal, but it sounds like you're just really bad. Mind telling us where all these servers are with gazillions of cheaters? The one thing we all agree on is that the amount of cheating is greatly exaggerated. We even have several well known server admins in this thread saying the same thing. Until you have some sort of evidence, I'll just have to assume you falsely blame people for cheating.

Comment

to be honest hang around those servers without antitcc, I always see 3 to 4 bots a week

Comment

Originally posted by AoA Reclaimer
                          to be honest hang around those servers without antitcc, I always see 3 to 4 bots a week
                          have to disagree

Comment

Originally posted by Mrunderwonder
                            Yeah I used to think anti-cheat was not necessary but then I think back to the days of UT99 before CSHP and UTPure. Bots were rampant. I see UT2K4 going the same way now. 117 is way less laggy then 116 IMO, my server runs fine.

If you don't want it on your server then don't put it on. If you don't like to play on AntiTCC servers then don't. It's all about choice, you have it, use it.
                            hiya under.

Yes our servers are fine.

Though I do notice major intro lag on the 117 server, thankfully UTcomp warm up lets you pass the checks and then get in.

I usualy have massive problems getting into antiTCC servers, and it doesn't help that it seems to hate utcomp (ie if you played with UTcomp before and then join a non utcomp servers there can be issues) but you can fix that by exiting the game and restarting it.

But once in the lag goes away after the checks... and it's probably that verizion is screwing with me again.:sour:

Comment

Re: this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

Originally posted by Magwa
                              All this anti cheat protection if flat out runing this game it laggs like a tug boat being towed backwards by the titanic.The pings were much better before the patches and now they are even worse with the lagg ...this is freeking ridiculas!If everyone would quit *****in about cheaters and just ban them from the servers we would not need all this useless garbage ruining this game!

this game has been on shaky ground ever since 2003 it is heading down the wrong path.
                              yes i have that 2, and every time i get killed it get paused for a moment and then continue. And a lot of time mid in combat i get lag like hell

Comment

Originally posted by wid0wmaker
                                thing is, if there was no cheat protection at all, people would be crying for it. we'd see threads saying "someone please make a cheat protection or i'm going to quit playing".

i have run every version of antitcc and have people tell me how good the server runs all the time, but i do disable a lot of the checks i feel i don't need until someone comes in and exploits them, so it could be how it's configured on these servers. there's one big hitch in the very start, but guess what? i just tested it without antitcc and that hitch is still there. there are a few small hitches from the checks for the first 5 to 10 seconds and after that it runs fine.
                                People will cry, because they can only speculate about ones skills unless they actually spectate and record the proof. There is no way to get rid of cheaters for sure unless you expose them personally. Getting rid of the cheats is Impossible because no matter how perfect you think it is, there is bits of binary, that can always break through every securety measure there is. Let them use cheats and get caught. Its pointless to try and stop them, I've learned that, and so have many other who play "gunbound."

They said the titanic was unsinkable, well what happened to it? They said flying into space was impossible, what happened?
                                They said flying was impossible, what happened?

So you can keep believe "anti cheat protection cant be penetrated" but all they need is someone with wits and you've got another aimbot.

Like I said recording "proof" and exposing them is better, that way they get a global ban, sure they can buy another copy, but who wants to waste another 60 dollars to be banned again? They'll learn there lesson.

The Lag is still there, but not as great as with anti TCC. I play on UTSecure servers where the speed is amazing, but then I go onto a server with anti TCC and I get this huge lag when I enter the game. "You have been killed by ________." I absolutely hate it when I enter a server with anti TCC, because almost every time I see that message. When its been a long hard day at work, and you just want some smooth relaxing entertainment, but it gives that message when I lag during the check, I practically yell and swear at the blasted check because I was killed.

Originally posted by senshu
                                Wow, nothing personal, but it sounds like you're just really bad. Mind telling us where all these servers are with gazillions of cheaters? The one thing we all agree on is that the amount of cheating is greatly exaggerated. We even have several well known server admins in this thread saying the same thing. Until you have some sort of evidence, I'll just have to assume you falsely blame people for cheating.
                                I've never seen gazillions of cheats either. Most I've ever seen is 1 or 2.

Originally posted by AoA Reclaimer
                                Well you see the servers with Anti TCC is the ones where I saw the bots. I have hanged around those servers without Anti TCC, nobody really bots, of course the experience can be different for each person. I realize when 1 is having fun another person could be ****** off. But It doesn't matter if you got the proof from the recorded demo's then you did better then Anti TCC.

Like is keep repeating it doesn't matter how much effort you put into preventing a cheat from being usable, iin the end someone will find a way to make it usable. Its like being at work and your job is to fix a nasty worm, trojan or virus, you have to find a way to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X