Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magwa
    ok you guys can have this laggy game i am done ...Epic good job rolls eyes! I will never in my life understand how you can take a great game like Ut and so make it so crappy....and to those of you who still do not believe anti cc and other anti cheat protection laggs the game well good luck enjoy it!

Every server I frequent doesn't run ATCC (for the lag and false positives we've discussed). I will post IPs if you want (they're all over the US and Canada).

Don't let your experience with a couple of servers sour your overall experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolguy
      its not the anticheat that is ruining the game, its the cheaters, without them, the anticheat wouldn't be necesarry. So if you could convince everybody not to cheat, you don't have to have that stuf anymore
      Sadly with every game there is a cheat, what the hell happened with gameboy games? obviously gameshark came along, same with PS2, and the Xbox's Action Replay. Now I believe that is more dedication to cheating because someone had to create HARDWARE to do it. Cheaters arent big in UT, like I've heard most people saying they've only seen a few, I've only seen a few. If you consider the vastness of the UT community you would realize that cheaters would be forgotten, this anti cheat stuff gives that small group the attention they are seeking.

Its like being a minority in a community, you want to make your group known and respected instead of forgotten and ignored.

Originally posted by CatShaver
      how about... NO

simple isnt true, get more ram
      Dude I have 2 Gigs of OCZ's Dual Channel DDR PC-4400 overclocking memory, and I still get the same problems as some others on this topic get. I believe 2 gigs of memory is more then ample enough to run a few hash checks, but the fact is it just isn't the memory, oh sure it helps with the game play and all, but its just not the memory in the case of anti TCC. I'm running 2 Xeons so its obviously not the proccessors, and an ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum (yes you can get this baby, I found it at some chinesse place, they have alot of great parts you guys should check it out DDR2 GDDR memory sticks, check it out.)

Its obviously not my power supply since I've got an Antec 550 Truewall PSU. My system is obviously running cool from the proccessors since I'm using Thermal Like's tower cooler (I had to hook up some metal support struts, I dont believe all that weight on the motherboard is good for it) which blows the heat in the direction of the rear chasis fan.

Everything of my computer is ample enough to handel a small thing like UT2004 (although I hope Unreal Engine 3 and the next version of UT comes out soon because that would look awesome as hell on this machine.)

=====================

The only problem is epic wont take measures to implement a fully maintained anti cheat system because they realize what I've said over and over throughout this topic.

Repeated:

"You can't stop cheaters its been proven over and over again, with every new measure you add to stop them, they come up with a counter-measure. "With every action there IS an EQUAL and OPPOSITE reaction" - one of the famous quotes that drive this world today. You come up with a way to patch the hole, they come up with a way to apply brute force through it. You come up with a way to scan programs in memory they come up with a way to hide it. You come up with away to block variables, they come up with a way to bypass you. You come up with a way to hide it from memory they come up with a way to find it.

Undeniable proof is unfolding in the game of GUNBOUND they havent been able to stop cheats with PROFESSIONALS who are updating and maintaining nProtect GameGuard, which is FAR more superior then wormbo's anti TCC any day, but ultimately thats failed, and Wormbo's anti TCC has only stopped antiquated cheats. THe new ones are live and kicking. But which ultimately decides what anti TCC has on our community is the punishement to the small group of us who get lag when running his hash checks and verification.

All it takes is a half decent programmer to get past all these anti cheat programs, it takes a person with a goal pointed the wrong way to even make these anti-cheat programs, it takes brilliance to realise they are pointless and use their own eye to catch them.
      "

Even if wormbo worked for epic it wouldn't make a difference oh sure we will not notice any lag, thats good for us, but in the long run he wont be able to stop these annoying cheaters, we will still continue to see them no matter what. The only effective weapon is good server administrators, and YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlaster200
        The only problem is epic wont take measures to implement a fully maintained anti cheat system because they realize what I've said over and over throughout this topic.

Repeated:

"You can't stop cheaters...
        While I agree with this, why is EPIC implementing speed hack detection, UTSecure and have ppl working for cheating issues at all? Just to make ppl somehow happy?

Comment

There are different types of cheaters.

On one hand you have the guys that DL bots to use them. They go into servers and try to get away with it. Most of them aren't that good and are casual players out to win at any cost. Cheat protection is semi effective against them as they are mostly ignorant of how the cheat works, and bans are effective since they don't have multiple keys. You can't stop this group, but you can contain them, if took out cheat protection you would just have a witch hunt, and the problem would explode.

You also have career cheaters. They don't make the bots either, but they know how to use various cheats and are savy enough to get past security. Sadly you have some of these guys in ladders and leagues and they are pretty hard to catch. The cheats used are much more subtle very hard to detect even by people who know what to look for. These people often go uncaught for a long time because they are actualy good players even without the cheats, and are very hard to catch... however often times they are exposed and once so banned from several servers, kicked off ladders and it's usualy allot of drama. The best solution is to police your own areas (servers, ladders, teams) and have some common sense.

The last group is the blatant cheaters. You could drop ELF and others into this group. They make cheats, they don't try to hide it, and they are blatant about it. You can't stop them because they can get past security and have loads of CD-keys. For them the fun seems to be getting past the latest security, and the actualy making of the cheats (kinda like it's own warped mod community).

I don't have a problem with the first group, while they may be a large majority they are easy to ban/remove and catch. While I don't like the last community because they make the actual cheats, the reality is there aren't that many of them out there... and they don't try to hide it, and there isn't anything you can do to stop them.

It's the middle group that gets under my skin. They are hard to catch, and those are the people you are actualy playing with, getting worked by and are among us. AntiTCC does not do much against them, if anything it gives a false sense of security as when those people do get caught, it is because of a brief lapse of judgement.

Comment

ok you guys can have this laggy game i am done ...Epic good job rolls eyes! I will never in my life understand how you can take a great game like Ut and so make it so crappy....and to those of you who still do not believe anti cc and other anti cheat protection laggs the game well good luck enjoy it!
            I'll be joining you if this Anti TCC stuff continues.

Comment

thre are plenty of servers without it..if you hate it so much..just play there...

Comment

true frogger but i have a total of 11 CTF servers with a ping under 100 now out of that 11 mabye if i am lucky 3 or 4 have peeps on them and of those remaining 3 or 4 all have anti.cc and when i try to tell admin to reconfigure it to help with the lagg they say why so you can cheat...screw this. if this is what online gaming is coming to i can spend my time elsewhere! wormbo is not the blame here.....it is Epic and the server admin who take no responsibilty for running thier servers they just add stuff to them with no thought or idea.

Look around you on this forum most everyone just joined all you see is June 2004 or may 2004 there are not many of us old Ut players left and it is sad to see what a great game has become .

add little pills that you pick up during game to get aderinaline and presto you have a kiddies game,

what good is Karma?????your body should gibb when it is hit who really cares about ragdoll???/.....i could go on and on but i am to ****** off ...peace

Comment

true frogger but i have a total of 11 CTF servers with a ping under 100 now out of that 11 mabye if i am lucky 3 or 4 have peeps on them and of those remaining 3 or 4 all have anti.cc and when i try to tell admin to reconfigure it to help with the lagg they say why so you can cheat...screw this. if this is what online gaming is coming to i can spend my time elsewhere! wormbo is not the blame here.....it is Epic and the server admin who take no responsibilty for running thier servers they just add stuff to them with no thought or idea.

Look around you on this forum most everyone just joined all you see is June 2004 or may 2004 there are not many of us old Ut players left and it is sad to see what a great game has become .

add little pills that you pick up during game to get aderinaline and presto you have a kiddies game,

what good is Karma?????your body should gibb when it is hit who really cares about ragdoll???/.....i could go on and on but i am to ****** off ...peace
                  Well, for what it's worth, I really like 2003 and 2004 (the former more than the latter).

Comment

dedicated server setup is a free download.

Comment

Working...
                    X