Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this anticheat stuff is ruining this game!

All this anti cheat protection if flat out runing this game it laggs like a tug boat being towed backwards by the titanic.The pings were much better before the patches and now they are even worse with the lagg ...this is freeking ridiculas!If everyone would quit *****in about cheaters and just ban them from the servers we would not need all this useless garbage ruining this game!

this game has been on shaky ground ever since 2003 it is heading down the wrong path.

Sorry Magwa, wish I could sympathize. I know many people have run into problems. I have not experienced it personally, so it's completely alien to me. I hope they do get it fixed, though, before people start leaving.

Comment

Loads fine for me

Comment

yeah i do too with all the problems with 2003 and now finnaly getting this one off the ground the last thing they need is more problems in a already slowly sinking ship .i hope for the best but i am getting tired of waiting .....it has been almost two years since a good playable game was called UT and that one was Ut99

It loads fine for me too although 1 min for verifying is a bit ridiculas it is the ingame lagg the is sucking!

Comment

I just started running into the half second to second lags caused by antiTCC or whatever.

Its infuriating and needs to be fixed/removed.

Comment

dear drama queen... please spare us...

Comment

At least our anticheats are'nt as bad as Quakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fnix.USA
                At least our anticheats are'nt as bad as Quakes.
                that may be true but at least quakes works!

mc-fine... no drama here if you are too new at this game to understand the problem then please do not reply thank you.

Comment

I know what your saying Magwa, which is why on my servers i have decided to just be strict on the admin part. I am running basic UTSecure but no extra file checks and its a ton smoother that way.

Comment

all the stupid paranoia about cheaters........ you'll see one once every gazillion games, so what, laugh at the pathetic loser, notifiy the admin and find a different server.

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa

mc-fine... no drama here if you are too new at this game to understand the problem then please do not reply thank you.

LMAO obviously youve never played AS.

Comment

Magwa,

I played on 5 random IG servers tonight all with AntiTCC etc...

They were all fine and my average ping was 30 !

One of the servers was in Germany, im in the UK.

I am all patched up, and TBH didnt notice any issues at all tonight/today.

There is no point to my post, but to say, despite AntiTCC and the built in SEC I have experienced no problems. Maybe the server's u are on are badly managed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Digital_Bacon
                          LMAO obviously youve never played AS.
                          you're right, he has'nt EVER

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa
                            it has been almost two years since a good playable game was called UT and that one was Ut99
                            Now THAT I must respectfully disagree with. UT2k4 is definitely playable, you and many others just have a problem an ocasional problem (and I'm guessing mostly with TCC checks, which is 3rd party). For the vast majority, these problems are unknown. UT2k3 was VERY playable, the only thing that marred that gem of a game was the abundance of aimbots out there towards the end, which in turn spawned some of the overzealousness about cheating now.

Comment

Originally posted by senshu
                              Now THAT I must respectfully disagree with. UT2k4 is definitely playable, you and many others just have a problem an ocasional problem (and I'm guessing mostly with TCC checks, which is 3rd party). For the vast majority, these problems are unknown. UT2k3 was VERY playable, the only thing that marred that gem of a game was the abundance of aimbots out there towards the end, which in turn spawned some of the overzealousness about cheating now.
                              respectfully i disagree but then that is obvious!2004 is playable but it has all the inherent problems that 2003 had small players (hard to see) weapons that are almost nerf weapons but that has all been hashed over before.when the game first came out the pings were alot lower and the game ran flawlesly,now what 5 or 6 months later it laggs horribly,why because of all the anticheat checks etc.The problem is realit is not in my imagination or equipment i have played Unreal and Ut since day one demo of Unreal.....aimbots ruined Ut but they are not that hard to deal with as they are obvious to a trained eye (for the most part).

I have never been banned except for a voice pack (that was supposed to be fixed it still is not fixed) mabye if you have a 30 ping you do not notice the problem but in the states where i live my average ping to any server is around 80 and up now even those servers that have anti cheat protection lagg bad.And if 2003 was so playable why was it so short lived ????because Epic new it was not Ut and they did a great job making this game more like the original i do think 2004 is a good blend of both IF YOU CAN PLAY IT!

BTW i never cared for assault in UT and i do not care for it in 2004.i play and always have played CTF.

Comment

Working...
                              X