X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Blizzard aginst online cheaters

StarCraft, Diablo II, and Warcraft III Accounts Closed
    Tuesday, September 30, 2003
    A number of additional accounts and CD Keys have been tied to the use of a hack or cheat program while playing StarCraft, Diablo II, or Warcraft III on Battle.net. In keeping with our aggressive stance against cheating, we have permanently closed 276,000 StarCraft accounts, 86,000 Diablo II accounts, and 41,000 Warcraft III accounts. We have documented all of the CD Keys that were used with these accounts. 14,000 Warcraft III CD Keys have been banned from ladder play for one month and 2,000 CD Keys are banned from ladder play permanently. Repeat offenders risk having their CD Keys disabled, which will result in the permanent removal of the respective copy of StarCraft, Diablo II, or Warcraft III from Battle.net.
    We have also identified the Diablo II accounts with which a "map-hack" program is being used. Diablo II map-hack programs give players who use them an unfair advantage over other players. As with any third-party program, using a map-hack affects play over Battle.net and violates our End User License Agreement. Diablo II accounts that continue to be used with a map-hack program are subject to closure and the CD Keys with which these accounts are being used are also subject to being disabled.

We will continue to monitor Battle.net for cheating and take action as needed. A false report filed by one player against another will not result in the actions described above.

As always, thank you for your continued support; with your help we have been able to keep Battle.net a fun and safe place to play Blizzard games.
    To bad I don't play any of thos games but I think it is a good massage to the rest of the CHEATERS.

That's a lot of cheaters.

Shows how many pathetic losers there are in the gaming world.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War
      That's a lot of cheaters.

Shows how many pathetic losers there are in the gaming world.
      Nah. Shows how horribly sucky RTS and MMORP games' security are.
      I've read some really weird reports on cheating in these kinds of games that wouldn't even be possible with FPS games. (things like infinite money and invincible units and the such)

Comment

Ok, it shows both your point AND mine then.
        There's just a lot of gamers out there that cant accept that they suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War
          Ok, it shows both your point AND mine then.
          There's just a lot of gamers out there that cant accept that they suck.
          True, true.

Comment

It really is sad.

I could never understand the fun in cheating.

Comment

Wow, that's a hella of alot of cheaters.

At least Blizzard is taking a proactive approach to stop them.

.... and I'm still waiting anxiousily on World of Warcraft! :up:

Comment

I feel good about it because finally the ball starts rolling against Online cheaters.
                It is good to know that finally someone has done something drastic to curve the Online cheating and make them all think a senond time about it.
                I don't think this will be the last we will hear from this.
                Not that their is a large number of cheaters playing UT2003.But i don't want to see the same thing happent as it did and it is still going on in UT.
                Almost every day i read in forums cheater on this server cheater on that server.Or caught this guy cheating.
                I've played ZP Instagib in UT that is why I saw so much talk about it.
                It has started in UT2003 too but i don't think it is out of hand yet.

Comment

That is good good news.
                  Might re-install warcraft 3 or diablo 2 now. The cheaters were out of control on battlenet.

Comment

Originally posted by iboo

.... and I'm still waiting anxiousily on World of Warcraft! :up:

....I'm not.... I don't think I'll ever be able to justify spending loads of money just to play a game....

Comment

Working...
                    X