Movie Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a couple of good tunes for a movie for me would be

leftfield - phat planet (or pretty much any leftfield)

curtis mayfield - superfly (in good sync with the action).

and a few others I will keep for my first try at a movie

as for the other stuff
    no hud
    loads of air shots - goo and the rest.
    nice luck shots
    and maybe a small shield gun primary section for a bit of fun.

I think you will do good judging by your others good luck :up:

Comment

Craters. Good or bad? I.E. you hit a guy with a air rox and he falls to his death.

How about cancels? I.E. you shoot a shock ball that cancels out a guy shooting rockets- and the splash from his own rockets kills him.

Comment

sounds good

Comment

First of all, good job on TropicV3. Now, lets talk about what I like the most on a movie.

I like intro like in Azz.Oz.ial and Unskilled 2 but not too long. The one in Azz.Oz.ial was a bit too long IMO. I suggest definitively no HUD unless you want to show that you killed him with your last bullet or something like that. Ingame sound is good but only for announcer and maybe for some taunt(no TTM sound plz or map noise like elevator. I do like some techno music when the beat goes with the kills(and even if hard metal is really good to hear, it doesn't do really good in UT2003 movie). As for the kill, I never get bored of amazing combo(the hard one). Any kind of in-air shot make you dream to do that kind of thing, but alot of that in your video. I think that adding video effect(not too much tho) in a video make it better(i.e. how the map is show in unskilled3, the frame thing that Azzures did in s1mple, the 3rd person view in both unskilled(pause the game and turn around the victim in a spectacualr shot)). Thats pretty much all of what I can thing for now.

Comment

i think the fact that you make a movie from factory demos is pretty amusing...

Comment

Originally posted by Medicine_Man
              i think the fact that you make a movie from factory demos is pretty amusing...
              they are for fun entertainment:up:

I like the factory server. Actually, its the only good TDM server that is not passed or private.

Comment

I always thought that head shots were really boring. In fact, I think that hit scan shots are boring all together unless there is a twist to them. But, even then, I just feel its boring to watch them. Its just like watching instagib...
                i like some odd hitscan shots, like if you shoot through a mesh and still hit the guy (dont call me crazy ive had it happen )

Craters. Good or bad? I.E. you hit a guy with a air rox and he falls to his death.

How about cancels? I.E. you shoot a shock ball that cancels out a guy shooting rockets- and the splash from his own rockets kills him.
                haha yes and yes, adds to the comedy factor imo

as for hud, i dont really care, dosent change much

and holys/ludicis/monster kills are cool, just to show you can do em

Comment

1.It would be nice to see the shots from angels this time, instead of from a first person view.
                  2.They are all good as long as you keep V-A-R-I-E-T-Y
                  It might be nice to see a little further than just the kill. It would be kewl to see some nice landings (of dead bodies ) and other stuff like nice plays (exclude "spam" for purists)
                  3. Sounds:up: as long as they are quiet or subtle as in faded in just slightly. With exception for announcer. Hehe let's see what you'll be able to do with "Car jacked".

Keep up excellent work Tropic:up: :up:

Comment

Add some of the UT2003 Sounds in, like "headshot", "double kill" *combo explosion*.

And for frags, try to get you triggering an opponents shock ball with your shock beam, killing him. But I think those frags are more luck than skill.

And for good frags you could do a reverse cam, just make sure the audience knows thats happening.

Comment

Re: Movie Questions

Originally posted by Tropic
                      Hi,

I just started a new project and wanted to know a few things that you are interested in movies.
                      1. Do you guys like huds in movies?
                      2. What type of frags are the best? I know watching headshots or combos the whole time is boring. Whats good to you?
                      3. Ingame sounds. Good or Bad?
                      4. I'll probably think of more

thanks for your help

-tropic
                      Hi

1. No
                      2. Well i like to see impressive headshot, or combo's. Air rockets, Air goo, Air flak shell?
                      3. Yes i like to hear HEADSHOT, etc
                      4. well let your brains work then

Np

- no the name is xtreem, xtreem|rage

Comment

If its fast paced editing from frag to frag then an in game hud is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by JediPo0
                          If its fast paced editing from frag to frag then an in game hud is pointless.
                          I now have the hud weapon bar only at 50% on 640x480. I may remove it but, it looks kinda right the way it is.

Yeah air flak is being worked on, not to mention the multi hit air shells

I dont think this project is going to be released before ut2k4 so, mabye I could fit some 2k4 DM in it I am in no rush, I just want as much input so I can make it the best I can

thanks

-tropic

Comment

Re: Movie Questions

Originally posted by Tropic
                            Hi,

I just started a new project and wanted to know a few things that you are interested in movies.
                            1. Do you guys like huds in movies?
                            2. What type of frags are the best? I know watching headshots or combos the whole time is boring. Whats good to you?
                            3. Ingame sounds. Good or Bad?
                            4. I'll probably think of more

thanks for your help

-tropic
                            Answers:
                            1. not really neccasery, i don't like it
                            2. frags that are really hard to do, that can be with any weapon. Or a unique or funny combination of weapons.
                            3. hearing TTM hitsounds vaguely in the background is awesome imo. Also the "Headshot!!!" sound should be in it. Lifts and other sounds should offcourse be left out.

Another thing. I think it's very cool to see a fragmovie with Weapon displayed on screen. I know if you play ut2k3 you will know what happens if weapon is not shown, but seeing the weapon just adds something i guess.
                            About the music. Put in some hiphop or. Most fragmovies are accompanied with the same metal/(hard)rock mix. This is getting boring.
                            I thought 'Ice Queen' from Within Temtation was the best music ever in a fragmovie. That was if i remember correctly in the Levitation Movie (ut1) and later was copied by Azosial.

Comment

Working...
                            X