Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie Questions

Hi,

I just started a new project and wanted to know a few things that you are interested in movies.
    1. Do you guys like huds in movies?
    2. What type of frags are the best? I know watching headshots or combos the whole time is boring. Whats good to you?
    3. Ingame sounds. Good or Bad?
    4. I'll probably think of more

thanks for your help

-tropic

I love a good scene where a player takes out 5 or six attackers in from multiple angles using a variety of weapons. It works best if its all one scene...it adds to the impressiveness of each successive frag.

Also, find a way to capture the game sounds...and then include music on top of it. Edit your scenes to sync up key events and scene changes to match the beat of the music as best you can...it does wonders.

- Tye

Comment

Combos, headshots and music. Get the mix right and your movie will roXxorz :bulb: :up: unusual frags are also good thrown in between.
      Sounds, dunno, imho not nessesairy.

Comment

how about including the ingame hud? at 640x480 I think it just takes up too much space.

Comment

hump the dead bodies....

Comment

1. I don't really care for that one.
            2. Very difficult headshots are nice. I also like goo gun frags.
            3. Only the announcer.

I really enjoy when there are choreographed music beats and kills.

Btw, I love the music you put in your movies Tropic.

Comment

Hey Tropic did you get my suggestions in your previous thread. I'll post more up here later.

Comment

Originally posted by Cythes
                Hey Tropic did you get my suggestions in your previous thread. I'll post more up here later.
                cool thanks

I always thought that head shots were really boring. In fact, I think that hit scan shots are boring all together unless there is a twist to them. But, even then, I just feel its boring to watch them. Its just like watching instagib...

Comment

more comedy needed attack of the alpha springs to mind

i enjoyed your movies tropic but its a difficult area now so many frag movies are out its hard to seprate

but i find a bit of good fragging with commedy and also decent music gets my attention everytime goop shots to

Comment

hehe I am working on the comedy part. I tried to make zest funny but I think I failed

decent music
                    what type of music do you like?

Comment

trance/dance in ut2003 sounds wrong...when i watched unskilled3 it kinda bugged me but the images made it up...

i don't like huds in a movie. the fewer text on screen the better.
                      ingame sound can be good but some sounds you don't wanne hear in a movie, like the BG music from a level :P . but hitsounds and gunsounds are cool to here.

kind of frags...goo shots are always good. also with the midair frags you can't go wrong. wicked sick's godlike's monster kill's ALL cool .

take unskilled3 as an example for editing.
                      and fore sounds. el'paiko or something (liked the style)

remember...just an opinion

Comment

Just stick in some Air Rockets and you will be fine

Thats if you can do them BTW

Comment

Originally posted by CH405
                          Just stick in some Air Rockets and you will be fine

Thats if you can do them BTW

Have you seen either of his NW movies?

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
                            Have you seen either of his NW movies?
                            Yes actually I have

Thus the usage of the smilies

But yeah, what I was trying to say is the more Air Rox, mixed with good headshots, the better.
                            I've seen too many combos in my time.

Comment

ok i know air rox are going to be a big part hopefully.

as for ingame sounds, I am not talking about background music. It would include everything you hear during actual game and such.

as for wicked sick.. I am not so sure. you really like watching them? And if so, why?

Comment

Working...
                              X