Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI Catalyst 3.8 out!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    These drivers are essential. It also has game profiles which means you can change the settings depending on what game it is.

    I can't figure out how to use smartshader how do ya do it or does it only work on certain cards or something?

    Comment


      #17
      Hmm ... it looks like there's no need for me to keep PowerStrip now, since these drivers have profile support. Can't wait to try them.:up:

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by TWD
        These drivers are essential. It also has game profiles which means you can change the settings depending on what game it is.

        I can't figure out how to use smartshader how do ya do it or does it only work on certain cards or something?
        I don't know what card you have but it works great on mine (9700pro)

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Re: Re: The Anandtech Report...

          Originally posted by Toonces T. Cat
          Yep...That's true...I was referring to the fact no one should expect a big improvement in performance over 3.7 unless you have an XT card.

          -Toonces
          Arent we already have enough of those "optimized drivers", nVidia *cough* I mean if i would like to turn off triliniar filtering and AF i would just turn them off and get a nice performance boost. Dont need a driver which enforces it.
          Profiles look good. U1 - AA+AF+vSync, Ut2k3 - all off. FINALLY !!11 :up: :up:

          going to install..

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Re: Re: Re: The Anandtech Report...

            Originally posted by Gaal Dornik
            Arent we already have enough of those "optimized drivers", nVidia *cough* I mean if i would like to turn off triliniar filtering and AF i would just turn them off and get a nice performance boost. Dont need a driver which enforces it.
            Profiles look good. U1 - AA+AF+vSync, Ut2k3 - all off. FINALLY !!11 :up: :up:

            going to install..

            thing is... I don't think it does it automatically....:sour:


            ...you still have to go in and select which profile you want every time....

            Comment


              #21
              sooo
              how do you hack the overdirive?
              its just a auto ocing utility right?
              is it possible or should I just instal radclocker?
              wheres xan?hed know

              Comment


                #22
                guess the xt has a temp sensor on the chip to keep overdrive under control
                but it basically senses how fast it can run at any given time and adjust by itself to whatever situation your in to keep a maximum stable clock
                it wont oc the ram auto you have to set it yourself
                guess non-xt owners are s.o.o.l.
                if anybody finds a way post here plz

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Logue
                  VPU recover eh that could be useful

                  only if you already own a card from the XT series.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by ChampionOfGod
                    only if you already own a card from the XT series.
                    no, i believe your thinking of the dynamic overclocking feature for the XT's. VPU recovery is something seperate - the only reason I mentioned it would be good for overclockers is if the card overheats and locks up, the card should reset instead of the whole machine rebooting.

                    Besides if It was an XT only feature i highly doubt it'd show up in the control panel on non XT machines.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Since I've installed this driver, every time I switch from 4x agp to 8x agp and reboot. It's back on 4x agp when I check it after the reboot.

                      Could it be I installed my drivers wrong?:
                      deleted display driver
                      rebooted installed ati driver (display and control)

                      Or is this a glitch?

                      specs:
                      winxp pro
                      p4
                      ati 9700 pro

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Release notes
                        Setting the main OpenGL slider in the ATI 3D tab to quality no longer results causes games to run in 16bpp mode
                        Now THATS why UT and NWN looked like.. like.. yes. Check DM-Morpheus( the Xan shield) and the necks of the models. UT looks much better now. Well, at least they fixed this. :sour:
                        Profiles are not bad, imho. Dunno how powerstrip handles this but its an extra program

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by -ProXImus-
                          Since I've installed this driver, every time I switch from 4x agp to 8x agp and reboot. It's back on 4x agp when I check it after the reboot.

                          Could it be I installed my drivers wrong?:
                          deleted display driver
                          rebooted installed ati driver (display and control)

                          Or is this a glitch?

                          specs:
                          winxp pro
                          p4
                          ati 9700 pro
                          I have the same prob. I checked the Rage 3d forum http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...ight=SMARTGART and all I could find was to romove the SMARTGART from the drivers. http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/m...lystutils.html Poeple said this should put it back to MOBO settings.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X