UT 1 Still rulez...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nightstormer
    I was a little harsh, so I edited my reply.

But seriously, you really shouldn't shoot off your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about. :bulb:
    I read your post but what about the UT proof?

Comment

Since your being sincere in your question, I'll answer you seriously.

Go into your server browser in UT. Find a server that has no one playing on it. Now look at the "minplayers =". Lets say the "minplayers = 4" in a UT server, meaning the Admin has assigned bots to play with real humans until players come in and fill the slots (bots leave when players join). In a UT server, it shows "0" players in that server, even though it has a minplayer setting of 4 (i.e. bots). In a UT2003 server assigned 4 bots, it shows 4 players are playing even when the server is empty. Go look for yourself, it's pretty easy to ascertain what I'm saying.

Here's an easier way to prove it to yourself. Go into UT, go to Domination servers (not very many servers or players). Manually count how many players are playing (go through each server and tally them up) vs. how many players are shown to be online for that gametype in the server browser total. They match. Now do the same for Double Domination in UT2003.

Comment

Since your being sincere in your question, I'll answer you seriously.

Go into your server browser in UT. Find a server that has no one playing on it. Now look at the "minplayers =". Lets say the "minplayers = 4" in a UT server, meaning the Admin has assigned bots to play with real humans until players come in and fill the slots (bots leave when players join). In a UT server, it shows "0" players in that server, even though it has a minplayer setting of 4 (i.e. bots). In a UT2003 server assigned 4 bots, it shows 4 players are playing even when the server is empty. Go look for yourself, it's pretty easy to ascertain what I'm saying.

Here's an easier way to prove it to yourself. Go into UT, go to Domination servers (not very many servers or players). Manually count how many players are playing (go through each server and tally them up) vs. how many players are shown to be online for that gametype in the server browser total. They match. Now do the same for Double Domination in UT2003.
        I did this the other day and it showed the bots as players. Hmmmm..I wonder if there are server attributes that can be set to allow this.:bulb:

Comment

All of my UT servers (all 3 of them) have at least 4 bots assigned to them. My xplugs show 0 players when no one is on. All UT servers I look at in my browser show the same way. *shrug*

Comment

All of my UT servers (all 3 of them) have at least 4 bots assigned to them. My xplugs show 0 players when no one is on. All UT servers I look at in my browser show the same way. *shrug*
            It just doesnt make any sense to me why epic would ship the game this way not knowing the response it would get. The demo is the same way right?

Comment

go into ut and look at a servers that has bots enabled
              now look what the player count (0/16 etc)
              thats why ppl caught on so quick to 2k3, list in order of players and click on a server you think is full when actually its full of bots.
              2k3s #s bots account for around 60% avg<guess
              the monthly sat is pretty impressive for ut even if 2k3 counts bots

Comment

[alpha=80, style=2][/alpha]

Jess some more ...

Comment

Working...
                X