• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirat3
    Yaaarrrr....shiver me timbers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa
      i am not insulting anyone for liking whatever game they happen to like (ok mabye quake players ) J/K i agree with you that different people have different tastes my point is i want to see all Ut fans no matter what version playing the same game TOGETHER, we will just play a slightly different gametype what is wrong with us all getting along ????why must we fight amonst ourselves??????seems counter productive to me. i too have played both games and i also know what i like ,that does not mean i have like everything in ut 2003 just because it is there.
      Wasn't talking about you. I think it was Kay that first mentioned players being blind 2K3 fanboys, but that's kinda beside the point.
      The best argument I'm seeing is that people have grown to appreciate the integrity behind a solid community that's formed withing the UT universe and wanna see that in a new game...but with all of the qualities of the old one? Then it wouldn't be new...would it?
      Well, in my experiences playing 2K3, I'm coming to realize that even though the 2K3 community is smaller than UT(understandable on several levels for several reasons as varied as the types of people that play the game...I believe no explainantion's needed here)...the community is still fragmented into smaller sub-communities based around mods, mutes and gamestyle preferences.
      Then, people play for various reasons as well...everyone likes to win, so you have people choosing mutes and mods based on what they're good at. Then you also have the occasional "newbies only" servers and the list goes on.
      Even in the EO community, we've had fragmentation due to differences of opinion and various little dramas that occur, but from this, I'm seeing a sortof reduction that happens over time. The real die-hards stick around and things get better as the "wannabes" are gradually evaporated. People get to know eachother and whatnot and you start to see a gradual emergance of something that could actually last over time.
      You don't need hundreds of thousands of players to pack one server every night.
      Between the 3 or 4 servers that I choose to play on, at least one will be filled for a decent portion of every night which is more than enough for me.
      There are a few clans within a league that I'm part of which provide a great challenge as we all battle for supremacy amongst our community. We all know who the best players are, who can beat who and we can see eachother's skills improving and the ranks shifting.
      That's more than I could ask for from a video game.
      Whatyou guys expect? I got mine, so go get yours and stop tellin me how it'd be better if there were 600,000 players as opposed to 280,000 because I'm not buyin it.
      We all know that people have different tastes and every con that people mention about 2K3, I can see as a pro.
      Uneven terrain messin with your moves? So what...you see pro football players slip up on the grass sometimes and it adds an unpredictability factor to the game...BIG DEAL!
      Static meshes getting in yer way? Maybe you need some practice moving around them, then...it takes time to master driving a ferarri, for example, but saying "I can't take a 90 degree turn at full throttle because the car spins out all the time" is a lame excuse to me...learn to moderate and you'll be a better player/driver.
      I dunno why I just wrote a friggen novel there, but it seems to be a habbit of mine. Hopefully someone'll understand that the comparison between apples and oranges is poinless in the end.
      You either accept something for what it is or you don't.
      The problem I see is blind and obviously biased judgementalism.

Comment

Oops...dropped that can of...

[glow=darkblue][/glow]

Comment

Originally posted by Jelo
          Wasn't talking about you. I think it was Kay that first mentioned players being blind 2K3 fanboys, but that's kinda beside the point.
          <.Snipped for space<>

well i did not know if you meant me or not but good post a novel yet very well done i aplaud your writing skilz.

the reason for 600.000 players online is the vast size of the planet you might have 3or 4 servers that you can play on with good pings they may be close to your home i do not have those choices i have a total of 4 servers that ping under 100 and of those 4 i am lucky if there are 5 players at any given time in all of them together so i end up playing with a 150 or higher ping not fun. in Ut99 i have like over 20 servers avalible that i ping well to and almost all of them have alot of players in fact you have to wait inline sometimes just to get in.....my point is the more popular the game the more players the more players the better chance someone has to find a full server.

UT has more players online no matter what reasons get them in UT2k3 or 04 and you will have a larger base of players and fuller servers .

Comment

I thought you left a long time ago, Magwa.

:weird:

Comment

Originally posted by -)AO(-Necron99
              I thought you left a long time ago, Magwa.

:weird:
              no i am just not here alot i come and go been to busy with work and playin UT when i can....nice to see you agin Jimmy....that man flat out rocked live Hmm mabye you and me will get to play soon .....

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa
                no i am just not here alot i come and go been to busy with work and playin UT when i can....nice to see you agin Jimmy....that man flat out rocked live Hmm mabye you and me will get to play soon .....
                Someday we shall, Mag some day we shall.:up:

Comment

Originally posted by -=SmileY=-
                  can we plz stop the UT > UT2k3 ?[/size]

No

Comment

Originally posted by SynisteR
                    I am evil...OOOOooooMUhuhahahaha!!! Sin, Fornicate, Pillage, Rape, Destruction is but a taste of that which is EVIL!! I speak the evil and love the evil!!! Muhuhahaha!!!
                    :haha: :haha:

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UT 1 Still rulez...

Originally posted by X0n3r0g
                      The numbers would disagree.

http://www.gamespy.com/stats/

And before you say it UT counts bots as well.
                      lol, another UT2003 N00B who doesn't know the first thing about UT. Sorry, but you are 100% wrong as has already been pointed out here. If you weren't a forum n00b as well, you'd know this subject has been discussed a million times here already. Fact of the matter is that UT2003 counts bots, UT does NOT.

Comment

I would just like to say that UT rules.

never mind the bad UT2003 aftertaste

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UT 1 Still rulez...

Originally posted by nightstormer
                          Hiyas...I am a guy who goes off of what other people say and never have the time to find out for myself because I hate anything new and that takes alot of time to do.
                          Word.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UT 1 Still rulez...

Originally posted by X0n3r0g
                            Hiyas...I am a guy who goes off of what other people say and never have the time to find out for myself because I hate anything new and that takes alot of time to do.
                            lol, why not look in my sig genius. I'm the one who did the study on bots being counted in UT2003. I'm also someone who ran 4 UT2003 servers for nearly 10 months, and the Demo before that. I'm also someone who has setup, admined, and maintained up to 6 clan servers, has modified script and recompiled code for the game, and currently I run 5 servers for a gaming community of nearly 5000 people. What exactly have you done for the community again?

You're past posts and the ones in this thread label you without any other doubt a complete n00b, lol. Congratulations. :up:

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UT 1 Still rulez...

lol, why not look in my sig genius. I'm the one who did the study on bots being counted in UT2003. I'm also someone who ran 4 UT2003 servers for nearly 10 months, and the Demo before that. I'm also someone who has setup, admined, and maintained up to 6 clan servers, has modified script and recompiled code for the game, and currently I run 5 servers for a gaming community of nearly 5000 people. What exactly have you done for the community again n00b? Heh.

You're past posts and the ones in this thread label you without any other doubt a complete idiot, lol. Congratulations. :up:
                              Wow...thank you.

That's always what I have aspired to here.

Comment

I was a little harsh, so I edited my reply.

But seriously, you really shouldn't shoot off your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about. :bulb:

Comment

Working...
                                X