UT 1 Still rulez...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SynisteR

That is a good point about the probs in playing UT when it first came out. Actaully if I remember correctly the Nvidia cards at that time didn't play the game all that well. Good ol' 3dfx with their Glide drivers was the optimal way of running it.

Too bad Epic isn't daring enough to build on what they started.

It is too bad Epic never realized what they had, how many peeps that would have been online and the new people it would've picked up.

Epic's answers with UT2k4 and vehicles. Some response to the fans.

Doesn't look to good IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Brownstone
      Obie lives on in spirit, I see.
      Nail, head, you hit it my friend.

Comment

You know if you guys got paid to spam these boards with useless old, overdone threads like these, you would all be TRillionnaires.

EDITED

Comment

Originally posted by CH405
          You know if you guys got paid to spam these boards with useless old, overdone threads like these, you would all be millionnaires.
          Nay mate, replace the M with a TR and you would have it.

Comment

Originally posted by X0n3r0g
            Just looks like a bunch of nostalgic people logged in to me. It doesn't include how long they played

Proves nothing.
            a bunch u dumb f|_|ck, we are with allot more then u, and for a few exceptions, most 2k3 players are peeps (read kids) that never even played UT1 ...

Comment

woei

Originally posted by Harley Davidson
              Ownage fo sho!

[SIZE=3]
              i just wanted to look at that nice picture again that totally ownz all UT2003-fans flaming at UT1 :haha: s u c k e r s HAHAHA :haha: :haha: :haha:

stfu

Pirat3...

Comment

Originally posted by babystinky
                SynisteR

That is a good point about the probs in playing UT when it first came out. Actaully if I remember correctly the Nvidia cards at that time didn't play the game all that well. Good ol' 3dfx with their Glide drivers was the optimal way of running it.

Too bad Epic isn't daring enough to build on what they started.

It is too bad Epic never realized what they had, how many peeps that would have been online and the new people it would've picked up.

Epic's answers with UT2k4 and vehicles. Some response to the fans.

Doesn't look to good IMHO.
                you are very correct The navidia cards did not play UT very well at all But the 3dfx cards did that is because Ut and Unreal were both made for Glide,not d3d or opengl .and i do not know why Glide did not catch on better it worked really well but Navidia bought out 3dfx and that was the end of Glide i still have a voodoo 5 128 with twin chips and fans and it still runs Ut ands unreal great...

Comment

Well once again since all the impressive games are moving to the year 2004 including Half-Life2 which may never be released , UT2003-UT2004 has the field wide open with no competition. If it does not do well then there is no excuses .

UT2004 probably could never duplicate UT99 in terms of being as solid but it may do well since it copies good ideas from other games and custom user made stuff. I wonder if some of the people who were responsible for UT99 design are working for other companies and perhaps this is why UT2k3 strayed so far from UT99 . The field is wide open so we will see what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBoxer
                    Well once again since all the impressive games are moving to the year 2004 including Half-Life2 which may never be released , UT2003-UT2004 has the field wide open with no competition. If it does not do well then there is no excuses .

UT2004 probably could never duplicate UT99 in terms of being as solid but it may do well since it copies good ideas from other games and custom user made stuff. I wonder if some of the people who were responsible for UT99 design are working for other companies and perhaps this is why UT2k3 strayed so far from UT99 . The field is wide open so we will see what will happen.
                    well we will see in time but i always thought it was Mark and cliffy who did alot of Unreal not sure about Ut i think you hit on a very good point, alot of stuff from other games has been included in Ut2003 and now 2004 that in itself may very well be the problem.

UT fans have always been the odd man out our game was never as popular as quake or HL online but we remained stead fast in our beliefs that UT was the best and in doing so the community grew. Now there is a huge split in that community and i for one am not happy about that i hope that this new game 2004 will have in it a mutator that mimics UT not the corny thing like in 2003 that mutator was usless or that HS Spots and his team will suceed in making a compatible Mutator that people will try and accept then we can all get back to being on the same side this sucks....

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa

well we will see in time but i always thought it was Mark and cliffy who did alot of Unreal not sure about Ut i think you hit on a very good point, alot of stuff from other games has been included in Ut2003 and now 2004 that in itself may very well be the problem.
                      Yes but a lot of UT99 success was due to how things were actually carried out at the ground level like the maps, player models etc...you know, things that make a game feel solid. I agree that including too many things could be very problematic. UT2004 has what - DM,CTF,Inavasion,LMS,BR, ONS, Assault ,vehicles, space combat, mexican jumping beans ....

Comment

Again? Sheesh it's like a broken record in here.
                        And for all you who think people like me are just blind UT2K3 fanboy sheep? Who do you think you're trying to brainwash?
                        I've played both games and I know what I like. Just accept the fact that some people might prefer the changes that Epic had made and live with it.
                        Doesn't help to insult someone for having a preference other than your own...I mean get over yourselves...really.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelo

Again? Sheesh it's like a broken record in here.
                          And for all you who think people like me are just blind UT2K3 fanboy sheep? Who do you think you're trying to brainwash?
                          I've played both games and I know what I like. Just accept the fact that some people might prefer the changes that Epic had made and live with it.
                          Doesn't help to insult someone for having a preference other than your own...I mean get over yourselves...really.
                          i am not insulting anyone for liking whatever game they happen to like (ok mabye quake players ) J/K i agree with you that different people have different tastes my point is i want to see all Ut fans no matter what version playing the same game TOGETHER, we will just play a slightly different gametype what is wrong with us all getting along ????why must we fight amonst ourselves??????seems counter productive to me. i too have played both games and i also know what i like ,that does not mean i have like everything in ut 2003 just because it is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa

UT fans have always been the odd man out our game was never as popular as quake or HL online but we remained stead fast in our beliefs that UT was the best and in doing so the community grew. Now there is a huge split in that community and i for one am not happy about that i hope that this new game 2004 will have in it a mutator that mimics UT not the corny thing like in 2003 that mutator was usless or that HS Spots and his team will suceed in making a compatible Mutator that people will try and accept then we can all get back to being on the same side this sucks....
                            :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by jedjedjedjed
                              Blah blah blah..I am easily angered and will say 'A' when you say 'B' 99.9998% of the time.

NO kidding

Comment

can we plz stop the UT > UT2k3 ? thnx

btw UT is played much more, public servers and competetively, but that on a side note

Comment

Working...
                                X