Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enabling Far East Asian dialogues = GPFs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling Far East Asian dialogues = GPFs?

Okay ... I've been wanting to experiment with some different languages (you can do this by changing the Language variable to something different in the Engine.Engine section) and how it feels to play in a language that you can barely understand :haha: ... but I have a couple of problems. :bulb:

When I change the settings to Simplified Chinese (Language=smt), Traditional Chinese (=tmt), or Korean (=kot), I get some GPFs as soon as I either press the console button (~) or select an option in the main menu (which there is nothing visible, by the way). I can type those letters of those languages in Microsoft Word as well as other Unicode compatible text editors, since I installed Far East Asian support in XP and some Global IME stuff, but in if I enable them in UT2003, I get GPFs. Anyone here have any clues behind this? Thanks.

/Edit: Actually, I solved the problem. Basically, I need the following texture packages: UT2003Fonts_smt.utx, UT2003Fonts_tmt.utx, and UT2003Fonts_kot.utx. I got these files from the Demo Version of UT2003 and extracted them into the Textures directory. This solved the problem and now I'll be able to play in Chinese or Korean ... although, I wish they had a Japanese version though but oh well ... this will do. I'll go close this thread now.
Working...
X