I need a few stalwart testers.. [Updated: Sep 11]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a few stalwart testers.. [Updated: Sep 11]

For the price of a measly 4M download, you too can help me test out something I've been messing around with.

Would you like to know more? <click>

It's basically VCTF with jetpacks (for humans, bots get trans), but not like vehicular total-control-stop-on-a-dime jetpacks. More like momentum enhancements.

Would you like to know more? <click>

If you're brave, click [file link further down] and let me know what you think.

Dicky B (sorry, just watched Starship Troopers again..)

ps-Remember, it's alpha as anything.. Be kind, and thanks.

(Install by unRARing to your UT2004 dir.. A mod-mod, so you can either run it with the -mod=j2024 cmdline, or select it via community, thanks again)

It has no menu for me.I activate it but only get a black screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist4
      ya all part of the mysterious nature of this mod

Comment

Originally posted by Twist4
        Sheesh.. Yeah, I got that a while back, did it create a J2024.ini in your J2024 folder?

Dicky B (****, thought I got rid of that)

[ReEdit: Well, I accidentally wiped my J2024 folder out, luckily I had uploaded the copy I did.. So, I redownloaded my own mod, installed, tried running from Community, no black screen, but a failure to connect to website.. Anyway, ran from command line (bat file) and it worked like it did before. Cannot recreate black screen.]

[proper bat file stuff]

@echo off
        cd ..\System
        UT2004.exe -mod=J2024 LOG=..\J2024\System\J2024.log

[/proper bat file stuff]

I have that in my J2024 folder, and it all works nicely.

Comment

Try #2...

New bundle, I think I got everything in there that's supposed to be in there, this time, including BAT files to run junk..

You'll have to UnRAR into your UT2004 directory, and then run a bat file. If it works, great.

[link found and ganked, finally]

I hope this one works for someone besides me. Most comments welcome. heh

Dicky B (Still less filling at 4 megs!)

ps-if you DO get it running, don't forget to bind a jetpack key in the usual place..

Comment

Im going to try it. Does it work online?
            EDIT: I also got a bloack screen.

Comment

Black screen, no menu.

Comment

same here Dicky, black screen.

Comment

Black screen (spash, then black)

From the logfile:
                  Log: MatchViewportsToActors: J2024.JMainMenu
                  Warning: Failed to load 'Safari': Can't find file for package 'Safari'
                  Warning: Failed to load 'J2024': Can't find file for package 'Safari'
                  Warning: Failed to load 'Class J2024.JMainMenu': Can't find file for package 'Safari'
                  ScriptLog: Could not DLO menu 'J2024.JMainMenu'
                  ScriptLog: Could not open menu J2024.JMainMenu
                  ^^^^ Presumably the menu is missing and that's the problem?

Comment

Welp.. I dunno. I do know that somewhere along the lines, it requires something that it shouldn't require (Safari). That may be the problem. It's totally separate, yet somehow, it is still required. Rebuilding and removing everything related to Safari. We'll see if that works. (works for me, because I obviously have Safari installed, I guess)

Dicky B (fixing, back in a few)

n/m on the fix link.. I have a handle on this now.
                    (back in another few)

[FOUND IT.. leftover safariboard code in the crossover now fixed..]

Replace J2024 system folder files with these..
                    [another ganked link, look in sig]

sheesh..

(and yeah, it works online, but there are no servers running it for many reasons.. heh We've tested single player, listen host, listen host with remote connection, dedicated with 2 remote connections.. All seems to work except the pack sound [minor at the mo])

further edit: I think Bombing Run would totally rock with these jetpacks.. Let me know what you think.

Comment

freakin.. AWESOME!

:up: :up:

Comment

Already a jetpack mutator out there, with the same properties (just helps you go 'zoom', doesn't stop on a dime by any means). Couldn't you just play normal CTF with that mut on? :\

Just tossing this out there in case you didn't know. I'm sure there's something I'm missing that makes this different from the jetpack mut.

Comment

Works, but i figured i'd mention that you can still move on the endgame screen when its focused on the flag. Cool mod, btw.

Comment

Turbidity I take that as a feature! LOL I loved flying at the end of the game.

Great mod Dicky! If you want any help I'm volunteering my services.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the input (and the jetpack-after-end is host computer only [instant action, same deal] it's a bug, but.. We liked it.. left it in)

Right, now onto the phony changelog type thing. I reworked some stuff, and made a bigger map with surfboards on it.. Fairly hectic with enough bots, and this time, they use the vehicles (duh, my mapping skills are so bad, but no one is helping me, so hey.. deal with it, or make some. ) Tweaked a couple of things, but it's mostly the same, only different. You probably won't notice that junk, but the map is bigger..

[link removed, updated, see sig]

Originally posted by Jeenitals
                              Already a jetpack mutator out there, with the same properties (just helps you go 'zoom', doesn't stop on a dime by any means). Couldn't you just play normal CTF with that mut on? :\

Just tossing this out there in case you didn't know. I'm sure there's something I'm missing that makes this different from the jetpack mut.
                              The jetpack mutator I checked out didn't work over net, was too crazy to control (probably not same mut, but I only found the one), and none I've seen have any weapons with inertial inheritance in there (only JLinkgun in mine so far, but once I get the projectile just like I want, I'm going apecrap with it on other weapons).. Also, my linkguns regen, and you can switch to it when it's out of ammo (just in case). Note: Not with next/prev weapon, only real To Weapon switch.. No big, 5 on my setup.

Dicky B (if you set the bots on Godlike, you will get your *** handed to you, more than likely)

ps- Any help is always appreciated. If you model, I'm trying to get a better jetpack model in there. Nothing bolshy, just a pack. If you map, always looking for biggish maps for it (doesn't have to be an outdoors map, just that's what I like.. Surprise me. ). If you make textures or skin, help out whoever is making a jetpack. If you code, look at the code and laugh your *** off. Mostly, if you have a website that can take more than 10 megs, host me.

note: I have a few musics already for this, mostly remixes of my friend's rap stuff (long story, but they rock chinglish stylie). Any musics are also appreciated.

[Note to self: Never announce anything on a weekend, post gets shoved to 3rd page in a few hours by posts about What Shud Eye UpGrayed Nekst, EYE SAW UH CHEETORX, and My Gurl H8s Me BS..]

Comment

Working...
                              X