Flag just returns when droped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude....
    This is your first reply to this thread you've made... How the f*ck could I have been directing insults at you... I wasn't so take a pill, I was talking about te®m the whole time and never said anyone else was in here blowing there own horn.

Comment

dude.... dude....
      This is your first reply to this thread you've made... How the f*ck could I have been directing insults at you... I wasn't so take a pill, I was talking about te®m the whole time and never said anyone else was in here blowing there own horn.
      sure it was :bulb: you're full of it and still a ****.
      .................................................. ...............................
      Yeah, but when someone who's not a n00b starts hiding because they know they're well-matched, then they tend to poke their head out when you start playing games with em.
      Anyways, someone who's not a n00b shouldn't be hiding in the first place and it's rare that I actually do that.
      Usually, I just join in the hunt or pass the flag off to a teammate so I can go get ours back...but now I'm waay off topic.

what'd u want a cookie? that make you better or something? your a moron if your in an IG game and u join the hunt for your flag thats gone. its a team game rambo.. your the kinda N00B that prob plays DM in a CTF server too.. The worst kinda ***! now if you cant answer the question dont come in my thread to toot your own horn rambo man
      else was in here blowing there own horn.
      ^^ yep retarded genius and noob admin - mad skills

Comment

Originally posted by Jelo
        10-07-2003 09:14 PM
        LOL.
        Yeah, I hate that when that happens too. I hadn't paid much attention to weather or not it was dropped in a pain or kill zone, though.
        What if you or the enemy shoots the dropped flag? I seem to remember that it didn't affect the flag, but is it possible that someone shot it?
        I do know what you're talking about and have scratched my head about how the flag just returned once dropped and not touched before, so it could just be a bug or maybe there's something that's making it happen?
        Anyone actually know?
        Personally, I like to drop the flag intentionally sometimes to bait the hiding EFC out to their base so my guys can take em out, but I always grab the flag before it gets automatically returned.
        Read your own replies to mine after that and our subsequent exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev5n24
          That only works on n00bs like DarKnyt and perksy2009
          This "noob" doesn't cap. I just defend.

Comment

Kev5n24 why don't you shut the **** up?

Comment

I can't believe this thread made it this far. The simple fact is it's capture the flag. Not hide and seek. If the flag never self returned people would abuse the **** out of it. That simple.

Comment

GUYS, The simplest fact is that his map has a bug. HE IS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE AUTOMATIC FLAG RESET. If you freakin bone heads, including the te?m and kevin would stop argueing about this whole thing, the whole post would make sense.

NOTE!!! THE PROBLEM IS RELATED TO A BSP HOLE IN THE MAP, NOT THE ADMIN BEING A BONEHEAD. I am checking this thread to see if he has succesfully found the BSP hole. Enough of the childish ****, including bickering, screenies, etc... its simply a bug in the map that he didn't know how to find/fix.

DEAL WITH IT, and GET OVER YOURSELVES!

Comment

Originally posted by shawneboy
                  I can't believe this thread made it this far. The simple fact is it's capture the flag. Not hide and seek. If the flag never self returned people would abuse the **** out of it. That simple.
                  Actually, in EO, purpousefully dropping the flag is a very valid tactic due to the speed at which players can move.
                  Once a flag is dropped, players flock to that flag pole in seconds, so an EFC would USUALLY charge back to their flag post in anticipation of the return because their window of opportunity is alot narrower than in regular CTF.
                  Also, if you wanna pass the flag off to someone...
                  Anyways, both are beside the point, but directly affected by the noted problem which was why I was interested and shared my experience.
                  I'm thinking that unless you intend to change the map once you find the BSP hole that my efforts would be pointless other than to point and laugh at the author? Or the game developer?
                  I'm pretty sure if I were to have that happen to me again, that I'd remember where it happened and jump out of the game to pop open the map in Ued so I could get a screen of what you're talking about.

Comment

GUYS, The simplest fact is that his map has a bug. HE IS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE AUTOMATIC FLAG RESET. If you freakin bone heads, including the te?m and kevin would stop argueing about this whole thing, the whole post would make sense.
                    I understood that from the start, it was obvious.
                    the guys attitude was more than ****e so **** him.

the te?m :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Jelo
                      Actually, in EO, purpousefully dropping the flag is a very valid tactic due to the speed at which players can move.
                      Once a flag is dropped, players flock to that flag pole in seconds, so an EFC would USUALLY charge back to their flag post in anticipation of the return because their window of opportunity is alot narrower than in regular CTF.
                      Also, if you wanna pass the flag off to someone...
                      Anyways, both are beside the point, but directly affected by the noted problem which was why I was interested and shared my experience.
                      I'm thinking that unless you intend to change the map once you find the BSP hole that my efforts would be pointless other than to point and laugh at the author? Or the game developer?
                      I'm pretty sure if I were to have that happen to me again, that I'd remember where it happened and jump out of the game to pop open the map in Ued so I could get a screen of what you're talking about.
                      Well, unfortunatly you sometimes can't see these BSP holes. Like I mentioned in a post earlier about lavagiant, the BSP hole was covered by a static mesh and hence you would never see it. It just causes erratic problems in the map. Its a very difficult and annoying problem to sort out from my experience.

Comment

Take their flag!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroMacK
                          Well, unfortunatly you sometimes can't see these BSP holes. Like I mentioned in a post earlier about lavagiant, the BSP hole was covered by a static mesh and hence you would never see it. It just causes erratic problems in the map. Its a very difficult and annoying problem to sort out from my experience.
                          Well, wouldn't you just go over all the BSP seams or something? Maybe hide all SMs from view and then check to see where the BSP seams meet up on the playing surface?
                          I understand you can't see them in-game or you'd have a HOM effect, wouldn't you? Well, maybe not if the hole was being blocked by a SM?
                          Not sure yet as I'm just starting to get interested in mapping, so I'll be learning about all this.
                          Pretty sure that all of the times it's happened to me were on maps with either just terrain or both terrain and BSP such as lavagiant where it has terrain and buildings(sometimes terrain carved from BSP, but I understand that's the mapper's choice?).
                          Bottom line is it's the mapper's fault. :P They, like, suck er something.

Comment

I don't know how to make/edit maps in unrealed, wish i did :sour:

Comment

Kevin your a doushe bag, people suggest advice and you just tear them down. Even if they misunderstood you, who cares they are just trying to help.

Comment

Originally posted by -)AO(-Necron99
                                Take their flag!!
                                "I've got the flag!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X