Flag just returns when droped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag just returns when droped

Anyone ever notice the flag automatically returning once it's droped? In other words no one touches it and it just returns immediately ...
    This happens here and there on my server (I've noticed it a good bit on CTF-Checkmate)
    Anyone know of a fix?

yeah, that's the way it's always been, hasn't it? It will auto return after a certain amount of time if the flag hasn't been touched by anyone. It takes quite a while and in a fast paced game shouldn't be an issue.

It HAS been a great feature on citadel servers where I play when the flag somehow gets dropped in the teleporter to the tower and no one can get it. So in that sense, it seems like a safeguard against the flag being dropped (either accidentally or intentionally) in an irretrievable place.

If you hate it that much, consider the alternative of having to restart a server if you can't return a flag stuck in some weird place. Although an option to disable would be nice. Don't know if that's in there.

Comment

dude.... I said I own a server... now do you really think someone smart enough to RUN a server wouldn't know that the flag auto returns after a certain amount of time???????
      I'm talking about it auto returning RIGHT AWAY after its dropped!! Immediately in less then one second!

Comment

I've returned it in less the a second loads of times.

It happens when your close (I mean touching the EFC) and them blasting him, the flag drops onto of you and you return it instantly.

Just that the announcer doesn't say that the flag has been dropped becuase it has to say that it's been returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev5n24

I'm talking about it auto returning RIGHT AWAY after its dropped!! Immediately in less then one second!
          That should only happen if it falls into a kill or pain zone (where, in theory, it should be impossible to retreive).

Odd.

Comment

OK so EVERYone must think im a flippin ****** here.. OK thats cool.. Listen DarKnyt & perksy2009,.. I've played CTF in UT and 2K3 since the games hit the shelves! I know how it works and I've played so long I can tell you to the second when a flag will be returned after its droped and no one returns it. I'm not talking about it getting returned immediately cuz of someone touching it immediately! Read my initial post a lil closer (Thank you for quoting me Mort_Q) before you respond people. The 2nd line I typed said "In other words no one touches it and it just returns immediately"..... what's so hard to understand about that?
            Where I've had it happpen the most Mort_Q is on CTF-Checkmate up on the lil ledge next to the lower entry way into the red or blue base.. I'll be waiting up there for my flag to get returned cuz its a hard place for people to get to fast and return the flag. Someone comes in kills me and bam the flag is returned with NO ONE touching it.. Thats not a kill or pain zone, actually I dont think there is one in that whole map so i dont get why it does this.. I've seen it happen on other servers them mine too..

Comment

Ex: Citadel, Flag gets dropped on the middle of the center bridge but instantly returns to the flagbase, without anyone touching it

In other words it returns to the base the very millisecond it is dropped by the flag carrier! Before anyone can even touch it, before it even hits the ground

I rarely see it online, but quite a bit in botmatches
              Seems to happen more often with custom maps tho

Comment

Originally posted by Kev5n24
                dude.... I said I own a server... now do you really think someone smart enough to RUN a server wouldn't know that the flag auto returns after a certain amount of time???????
                Anything's possible. Go play some SOF2 and you'll see just how incompetent server admins can be.

Comment

dude.... I said I own a server... now do you really think someone smart enough to RUN a server wouldn't know that the flag auto returns after a certain amount of time??????
                  wow that's amazing, you must be one of those retarded geniuses.

Comment

LOL.
                    Yeah, I hate that when that happens too. I hadn't paid much attention to weather or not it was dropped in a pain or kill zone, though.
                    What if you or the enemy shoots the dropped flag? I seem to remember that it didn't affect the flag, but is it possible that someone shot it?
                    I do know what you're talking about and have scratched my head about how the flag just returned once dropped and not touched before, so it could just be a bug or maybe there's something that's making it happen?
                    Anyone actually know?
                    Personally, I like to drop the flag intentionally sometimes to bait the hiding EFC out to their base so my guys can take em out, but I always grab the flag before it gets automatically returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelo

Personally, I like to drop the flag intentionally sometimes to bait the hiding EFC out to their base so my guys can take em out, but I always grab the flag before it gets automatically returned.
                      That only works on n00bs like DarKnyt and perksy2009

Comment

Yeah, but when someone who's not a n00b starts hiding because they know they're well-matched, then they tend to poke their head out when you start playing games with em.
                        Anyways, someone who's not a n00b shouldn't be hiding in the first place and it's rare that I actually do that.
                        Usually, I just join in the hunt or pass the flag off to a teammate so I can go get ours back...but now I'm waay off topic.

Comment

what'd u want a cookie? that make you better or something? your a moron if your in an IG game and u join the hunt for your flag thats gone. its a team game rambo.. your the kinda N00B that prob plays DM in a CTF server too.. The worst kinda ***! now if you cant answer the question dont come in my thread to toot your own horn rambo man

Comment

no probs with the flag only the one perksy2009 is useing in his avatar:down:

Lame when they cannot be botherd to make there own.

[edit]changed my avatar.Lets see if perksy2009 nicks this one of me

Comment

This has got to be some kind of bug, or perhaps related to poor coding in a map, or to lag or something. I mean, instant-return-on-death-of-EFC almost defeats the "C" purpose of CTF.

Comment

Working...
                              X