How would you make UT2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you make UT2?

After reading so many of these "UT2K3 Sucks" threads, I thought I would ask people what they would want in a "true" UT2. This is only about improving the best FPS ever made. Don't get me wrong, I love both UT and UT2K3.

Before the comments begin, the rules here are that there can be no references to UT2K3 and no ideas can come from UT2K3. The following taboos are:

1. UT2K3 Translocator - Many ppl have complained that it changed too much. How would you change the UT XLoc?
    2. UT2K3 Graphics - Many ppl complained that a new game should NOT require a computer upgrade. How would you improve UT graphics without bumping up the polygons?
    3. UT2K3 Dodgejumping and Quadjump - How would you improve UT jump moves, or would you want to?
    4. UT2K3 Weapons - Many ppl complained the UT2K3 weapons spread and capabilities. How would you improve UT weapons?
    5. UT2K3 Player physics - So may ppl have complained about player physics and Karma. How would you improve UT player physics?
    6. UT2K3 Netcode - I don't get this one, but how would you improve the UT netcode?

Remember, you can provide suggestions on how to improve these areas but do not include any references to UT2K3. If I have forgotten anything, please feel free to add. The key to this entire thread is to not reference UT2K3, since many of the ppl that love UT do not like anything about UT2K3. Thanks.

I would try to make it as far away from UT'99 as possible. After all UT2 is meant to be a new game right?

(really i would do it just to **** off all the whining *****):up:

Comment

If you want to make it so different from the original UT, then why use the name UT anymore? You might as well call it XYZ or whatever. If you want to use the name UT, then make it look like the original UT.

Comment

Originally posted by K T
        If you want to make it so different from the original UT, then why use the name UT anymore? You might as well call it XYZ or whatever. If you want to use the name UT, then make it look like the original UT.
        OK them, Ill republish UT1, with the same graphics, but bundle them with a cookie. k?:up:

Comment

Originally posted by K T
          Hey, that sounds like a sensible idea....erm, no.
          For a start, it's a different game, based in the same Universe as all the other Unreal games.
          Yes it is a sequel, but no, that doesn't mean they have to make it the same game, otherwise, like Neoninja says, they might aswell re-package, and re-sell UT'99.

3rdly, have u never heard of progress?
          Surely, u must realise that in order for things to improve and get better, they have to change first, and yes that does include making mistakes along the way.

Oh and (d), this argument is waaaaay old.....meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Neoninja
            (really i would do it just to **** off all the whining *****):up:
            I'm not sure why, but I found that extremely funny:up:

:haha: gg

Comment

I never said it has to be all the same. Why must our thinking be so black-and-white -- as in either changing everything or changing nothing at all? Sure, change some of the things, but not too many things.

Of course you should have improvements in the sequel, but it should still look and smell like UT to some extent at least.

How would I make UT2? Simple. I'd add new stuff plus make the old stuff look, sound and work better -- but not dump the old stuff.

Comment

Why is it that I have this feeling that this thread is asking for another UT vs. UT2003 flamewar ? :weird:

Comment

Okay folks. I never said the sequel had to be way different. It can be the same, only with some improvements. I'm asking what kind of improvements would you want to see. I just ask that you don't relate any of these improvments to UT2K3, because this discussion is about a UT sequel that is not UT2K3, since so many people dislike that game. It's just a discussion, nothing more. It is definitely not intended to be a "UT vs UT2K3 Flamewar". That's why I stated "Do not reference UT2K3.

Comment

My sig says it all.

Comment

I think you guys have to look at other games and their sequals. Most sequals are the same game with an upgraded graphics engine, same weapons and gameplay but cleaner, new levels, new weapons, and new powerups tacked on. Look at doom 1 and 2, quake 1 and 2, descent 1 and 2. UT2k3 took a huge leap foward leaving a huge gap between UT and UT2003, which is a disapointment to those of us who were looking foward to a newer, better, and more addictive UT to play for the next four years.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddragon
                        I think you guys have to look at other games and their sequals. Most sequals are the same game with an upgraded graphics engine, same weapons and gameplay but cleaner, new levels, new weapons, and new powerups tacked on. Look at doom 1 and 2, quake 1 and 2, descent 1 and 2. UT2k3 took a huge leap foward leaving a huge gap between UT and UT2003, which is a disapointment to those of us who were looking foward to a newer, better, and more addictive UT to play for the next four years.
                        Bah!

Comment

Well to me personally, 2K3, and hence, 2K4, do look and smell like UT99, only fresh outta the bathroom with a shave and new cologne

Comment

How I would of made UT2.....

- I would of made the maps scaled right and spaced properly (no more clogged and congested maps and no more huge and enormous ones

- Double jump and dodge jump would be a "Unreal Tournament extreme" mutator (regular dodge and wall dodge would be implemented in the regular game)

- Player models would be bigger looking

- Animations would be more realistic (No more upper body looking like a robot when theyre walking)

- There would be no assult rifle,enforcer and dbl enforcers would be in the game still (we dont need 2 machine guns in this freaking game, only one!) OR I would make the minigun the default weapon and put a flamethrower or ripper in that minigun slot (probably wouldnt work out though)

- Would of gave the settings more optimization to lower settings more for people with medium rigs can play and who dont know how to tinker with there user ini and all of those settings in the system folder

- *gotta plug my idea* I would of ADDED this mutator to the Instagib mutator in the game, I would NOT replace IG with this... http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...roved+instagib

- I would of had a mutator to repace the lightning gun with the sniper rifle to make all of the sniper fans happy

- chat animation would of never left this game

- The sporty theme would of never been in this game, this would of need Unreal Tournament 2, not 2003! Also, UT2004 now, would of been an huge expansion pack! for $19.99

- I would rent a limo, gather some friends and goto a club to celebrate how much my game has become such a sucess with everyone! Because.. it would

Comment

This thread is silly... UT2 doesn't exist - never has - never will. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X