Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by nightstormer
    It makes no sense to me why these "realistic" shooters are so popular. IMO an action packed, fast paced game like UT is far more entertaining than a slow, sneaking around, camping simulation shooter where all the weapons are basically the same (bullets). But obviously I'm the minority considering how many idiots play CamperStrike.
    Couldn't agree more! :up:

A friend of mine have been playing CS for a number of years now and at that he has been playing the same f***ing map over and over again all these years cause that's the only good map IHO. It's called DeDust or something like that I think.
    That must be reeeally stimulating

It also sucks that you don't respawn in CS, so if I join as a crappy or intermediate player I get about 30 seconds gameplay and then get a headshot and have to wait like eight minutes to play again. Would take me years to get to a level where I even could play 2 minutes
    But then again, if "realism" is what you're after, then maybe CS is a better game than UT2k3. Though AA would probably be even better than CS when it comes to "realism".

edit

My reply might come across as "WWII-mod-hostile" which was not my intention I think Red Orchestra and Frag Ops are gonna be very interesting mods indeed.

/edit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It makes no sense to me why these "realistic" shooters are so popular. IMO an action packed, fast paced game like UT is far more entertaining than a slow, sneaking around, camping simulation shooter where all the weapons are basically the same (bullets). But obviously I'm the minority considering how many idiots play CamperStrike.
    You do not stand alone friend. :up:

DISCLAIMER: I am not passing judgemnet on RO.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^^ Agreed...
    I'll withhold passing judgment on RO as a mod, but I have definitely passed judgement on realistic (WWII) shooters as a genre.
    I've played more than a few, and none of them hold my interest for the same reasons: -Too slow, too deliberate, movement is too constricting, generally unbalanced weapons... just to name a few.

To each his own, I guess... But definitely not my cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Powerslave666
    What I'm wondering is the reason you still hang around these forums when you hate UT2003.
    Were you addressing me with that question?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What I'm wondering is the reason you still hang around these forums when you hate UT2003.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hoping ut2004 is alot better

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL i have never played and never will play that game to many campers and f***ing cheaters who dont have the guts to play with out their aimbots.I am a big fan of the rainbow 6 franchise.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    RO is not a Battlefield clone :x

Leave a comment:

• replied
    YAY FOR BF1942 CLONES!!!

no really i like bf1942 looks like it will be a cool mod o/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by drwhojm
    ok... um... Personally Speaking I don't like the way it looks. I think Ut2k3 is an awesome game (call me a fanboy if you will) but a WWII game conversion? no thank you. buy Battlefield 1942

....waiting for the flames
    well, at least we got back to topic. I'm mostly looking forward to the superior sound myself, and bf1942 didnt have that imo, but we'll all have to see how it ends up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok... um... Personally Speaking I don't like the way it looks. I think Ut2k3 is an awesome game (call me a fanboy if you will) but a WWII game conversion? no thank you. buy Battlefield 1942

....waiting for the flames

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Imperial16
    and at the top isee it says Unreal Tournament 2003/2004>General Discussion, that includes Red Orchestra A Mod for ut2k3/4...
    that right there means you are no longer to talk cause you'll just futher embarrass yourself
    Yep. A mod for what again?

2k3/4?
    Thanks. Go back to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pathos
    Never said I didn't "like" it was pointing out the obvious.

And when I look at the name of the forum it does still say unreal tournament 2003/2004. :bulb:
    and at the top isee it says Unreal Tournament 2003/2004>General Discussion, that includes Red Orchestra A Mod for ut2k3/4...
    that right there means you are no longer to talk cause you'll just futher embarrass yourself

Leave a comment:

Working...
X