Unreal Level Design Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Level Design Book

There is a book by Epic games on this subject.

Or maybe there isn't.

From what I understand it was meant to be out a year ago.

Mark Rein can you clarify the existence of such a book??

EDIT: Yes I have checked on Amazon.

i heard that jason "3dbuzz" busby(sp?) was writing one.. 2 books in the set, and the first being over 1000 pages long.. thats only what ive heard, not an official statement though

Comment

The book is right up there with Unreal Warfare. :bulb:

Out of the many threads posted here on this very subject, the answer was the howling of wind and rustling of leaves.

Comment

Like the Press release promised this past friday just another broken promise

Comment

there was some sort of level design book for unreal1 or ut1 witch is prety old.

Comment

yes, two volume set being written by the guy behind www.3dbuzz.com and www.masteringunreal.com

it's even official, i believe.

first apparently is about mapping/modding generally, and the second volume is more focused on scripting. at least, that's how i understand it.

Comment

I used to have a link to a site that had preorders for a ued book but i dont have it now....

I would love books on it hehe. Scripting especially.

Comment

yes 3dbuzz guy is writing the book

Comment

I asked Jason Busby(3DBuzz) about his book last week at the buzz tour. He said that the tour and a couple other projects were causing him to postpone the book until sometime next year. The original plan was to get the first one out in time for christmas this year, but it didnt work out.

Comment

OK Thanks.

Comment

I think they made a huge mistake not releasing these books already.. It mighta inspired me more if i had something to turn to when i got stuck instead of searching round the internet for hours on end.

Comment

Working...
                      X