Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Public Server and a rant about ttm

Hi people

Have just rented a 24 player public server, well its on trial for a month.

So anyone here fancy doing us a favour and coming for a frag sometime!

I would like to get it to 24 players in there soon as a test during the trial period.

The IP is unreal://213.230.201.132:7723/ Based in UK, but Euros should get good pings :up:

It has AntiTcc, UT2Vote, loads of custom maps, TTM and a few other bits.

Thanks

I find mapvote to be better
    Nice to see another UK server, shame to see it has TTM on it though

Good luck though matey

Comment

I love UT2vote.. well its a clan server so they can setup matches in the game and add a password very easily.

LOL @ TTM, yeah and theres a new version out :down: We have to have it for CB Cup matches, so its there as a voteable option but not on as default.

Shes got a sweet connection, 10/100 in Telehouse 2 hops from UK linx < wah ever that is?... sounds good though :weird:

Comment

I bet if Epic integrated TTM into 2k4 you guys would love it you suckups. Just because someone else made Epic's game better you guys are ******. Stupid fanboys.

Comment

bleh, TTM

Comment

Originally posted by -ORC-P
            I bet if Epic integrated TTM into 2k4 you guys would love it you suckups. Just because someone else made Epic's game better you guys are ******. Stupid fanboys.
            Muppet.

Comment

The fact remains that you guys would love it if Epic came up with it.

Comment

You couldnt be more wrong :haha:

Comment

I don't like TTM for it's ugly skins, hitsounds, disapearing dead people and the like.
                  I like it for its mapvoting, pre-match training and the like.

The 1st takes away things from the game, the 2nd adds to the game.
                  I haven't tried it though, because luckily not all servers run it.
                  I say luckily because I understand TTM makes all the bad things client-side, meaning everyone does it, gaining the advantage, unless you choose to remove those things from the game as well, and I don't want that.
                  There's nothing fanboy about it... at least not for me, anyway.

Comment

Can't believe this is a flame war already. Some people like TTM some don't, what ever the whole world is like that over millions of things. Its on our server incase we/someone wants it, and its not on as a default for those who don't like it.

BTW the servers down atm, some router problem :down: Shouldnt be too long before its up, an engineer is sorting it :haha:

Comment

Hitsounds and Bright skins you can disable. I disabled brightskins and I love the hitsounds. It lets you know your progress on an enemy. I dunno wtf you mean by "disappearing dead people," but dead people always disappear in UT2k3 even without TTM.

There is no reason not to like TTM, since everything about it can be disabled on the client side. If you don't like one of it's features, then disable it.

Comment

umm not really... its a great job on a specific mutator but its not really how most ppl wanna play so i doubt many would like it 'just beacuse'...

its great for what it was made for and does the job, but its definitely not for the majority of players.

the one thing that would have helped TTMs image ALOT would have been to be OFF by default (or as in all settings being as close to default UT by default... then alot of ppl would not be put off by the settings being forced on them...

OH YEAH - GOOD LUCK w the server!! :up:

Comment

UnrealGrrl, you are the voice of wisdom as per usual...

Comment

close, what would happen is they would accept it and ignore it :>

Comment

So Unreal Grrl, what you're saying is that it's a good mutator then. The fact that stuff is ON by default should not matter at all. Are people really that lazy to hate something because they have to do 2 minutes of work? That's dumb.

Just turn the **** off if you don't like it. End of story. At least it's available and you have the choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X