Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Tycho
    Mark has personally told me that Unreal Warfare exists and that was the extent of the conversation. At this point nothing is known publically. Which I must say has been a pretty good job on their part.

wow, major... change.

mark telling you this personally is akin to a press release (heh).

gosh, now im very excited about this. might not even be epic doing it directly, but the idea of them even toying with "unreal warfare" as the working title is really cool.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mark has personally told me that Unreal Warfare exists and that was the extent of the conversation. At this point nothing is known publically. Which I must say has been a pretty good job on their part.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tycho
    All interesting thoughts Tse Tse but in light of today's news it does throw a monkey wrench into them.
    actually, throws a monkey wrench into what they said last year.

has there been any confirmation of "unreal warfare" being a real product in development outside this paraphrased impression given in PC Gamer?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dont expect an unreal 3 for about 50 thousand years. because the people behind duke nukem forever are gonna start on it, as soon as they're done with dfk first. This was confirmed a while back, dont ask for resources.
    p.s. i didnt read any of teh replies above, so if it got mentioned who cares.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ... ansd give as an action fps where you for once do not play the american marine, the humans superweapon, the ├╝bersoldat!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mohlraax
    I like the idea of it... very much speculations, but who cares... roumers are awesome!
    As sayd before... I want to go back to Na pali! :cry:
    YES! The whole guys in techno-wrestling costumes and power armor has been explored pretty throroughly.

Get back to a bit of magic and mysticism. Get back to the Guys with 4 Arms and Boxer Shorts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All interesting thoughts Tse Tse but in light of today's news it does throw a monkey wrench into them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i cant believe some people are still pushing the idea that a game called "unreal warfare" is in the works.

that is one of the FEW rumors that epic has EXPLICTLY responded to. there is no such game.

now, as a concept... i.e. an unreal-ish game expanding on the multiplayer concepts we now see in U2xmp and UT2k4?

perhaps.

unreal3 or not, i suspect we'll someday see something else from the unreal universe besides another ut2k* title.

imo, although ive never seen it said by epic, i think this is what happened:

1. unreal2 was gonna have really neato MP akin to both XMP and some ctf variation (i.e. halo-ish).

2. "unreal warfare" was the engine name, but also a project concept for a game to be released in 2003 or so, perhaps very much focused on the type of gameplay we now see being added in ut2k4.

3. ut2k3 was conceived, since UC could be reasonably ported to PC.

4. unreal2 was then to be oriented around SP.

5. ut2k3 comes out, and the 'unreal warfare' project is scrapped for the idea of ut2k4 expansion. unreal2 comes up half a year later with no MP.

6. scion and legends and digital extremes and "Epic Friends" toss around a whole set of new ideas for a whole range of new games to be developed from 2003-2005.

7. ut2k4 and u2xmp targetted for shelves...

8. mystery games under development for 2004 and beyond...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the idea of it... very much speculations, but who cares... roumers are awesome!
    As sayd before... I want to go back to Napali! :cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IMO that wep looks completley fugly anyway. I'd be interested in an Unreal 3 *only* if its developed by Epic & DE - But I just dont see that happening, if their is an Unreal 3 it'll probably be made by Scion or something. Also, I'd like them to go backto Na'pali eventually... And bring some of that ambience and some crazy skys. .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes this is speculation and yes that pic isn't new. However making an Unreal 3 makes perfect sense. Epic messed up two times (in most people's eyes) with UT2003 and Unreal 2. They are making amends with the MP side of things with UT2004. Why couldn't they go back and do an Unreal 3.

They could implement ideas that didn't make it into 2. They can go back and rethink some old characters while introducing new ones. And the biggest 'Pro' point of all is Co-op. I am very much enjoying Halo but I am very bummed it doesn't have Co-op. The SP screams to have a buddy fighting alongside you. If someone makes a game like Halo SP that has a Co-op feature I would have NO PROBLEM paying $50 for it.

Some of these games being released aren't even worth $20. I bought Halo PC for $39 and that seemed just about right. In the end us gamers have the say it what games are made because we are the bosses in the end.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that picture is very very old.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is all pure speculation, the picture is just artwork, why is this guy talking about polys??? :bulb:
    But a good SP Unreal 3 would be great, I wonder who could make it and if it will take place in the original Unreal Universe...
    I want to go back to Na Pali :cry: :cry: :cry:

Marko

Leave a comment:

• replied
    screw Unreal3, i want Blip And Blop: Balls Of Steel

But seriously, Ive heard from a good source(dont want to name names because of possible NDA's and other legal ****) that Epic is a ways along in the development of their new engine. no full game ofcourse, but far enough to show off some of the technology. I believe "eat your heart out half life 2" was mentioned. very exciting:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i agree to disagree
    unreal warefare teh engine

looks like a unreal dx9 engine:bulb:simalar to the quake 4 screenshots
    mabeh unreal 3 I have heard rumors :bulb:
    it was a cliffhanger

Leave a comment:

Working...
X