Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So 2004 will include an in game clock.....will it have an ALARM?......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    we need the time and an alarm \o/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The alarm wouldnt be very useful for timing armour anyway, if it's clunky to set.
    Anyway, about the 30-minute alarm to prevent you from being a worse geek than you already are: that just won't work.
    1. Because the clock doesn't display the actual time, and is reset every match
    2. Because a second in UT2k3 match time actually takes 0.9 seconds. (IIRC, it could've been 0.91)

If you want to keep track of the real time, buy a cheap alarm clock and perch it on top of your monitor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the f1 timer is what good people have almays used for timing the PU's. (UT/UT2K3)

i like the clock(gg ttm), but an alarm is pushing it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Always wanted the real time in the game... i loose sence of time so much whilst playing its not even funny

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If the timer is there to count down the ammount of time left in a match and you use it - then I'd have to say that you're not playing either hard enough or up your limit. If you want to see that you have X ammount of time left so you better hurry up and win then why weren't you hurrying to begin with? you should play every minute like it's the last one. Then you won't have to hurry more to get that last push.... becuase you're already at your limit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think some of you guys are missing the point with a clock in the HUD, but I can't be bothered to go into this timer discussion again so I wont.

Its nice to see Epic listening to atleast some of our feedback.

/Kronon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Arclite
    That's just the remaining time. Real clock is kinda usless, just makes the hud clunky.

If i need to know the time, i got this anolog clock (one with the long and short arm, with numbers!) hang on the wall. I just take a glims at it and i instantly know what time it is. Quite amazing.
    WOW - that works for you ?! j/k - :haha:

I agree... wear a watch or something if you want to know the time. I have a Timex $50 cheapo watch that takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' - it's been with me Since I started in the Marine Corps, to several continents, On a mission in the Persion Gulf, run over by a forklift, survived my motorcycle accident, and still keeps better time than most other watches i own. It has an alarm, and a timer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lol @ Arclite

As fer the clock skin, it was reported that it only had one colour (red i think), and folkz were running about fighting on the reds side, only to find out halfway thru that they were in fact on Blue

I'm sure it will be fixed tho, don't fret

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Arclite

If i need to know the time, i got this anolog clock (one with the long and short arm, with numbers!) hang on the wall. I just take a glims at it and i instantly know what time it is. Quite amazing.
    LOL :haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only features extra feature I think the clock needs is a blue/red skin. I saw in some reports that people were looking at the clock colour to see which team they were on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
    Why not just have a general announcement about powerups so we don't have to bother with all that counting?

THE ELF SHOT THE FOOD![/size]
    LOL, I remember that game, Gauntlet. :haha:

I'll concur with Arclite about the clock; just use your own. If you really insist on a clock, I supoose a 'tator could be made for that, though I'd suggest the clock would only be shown by a keypress (like in Flashpoint), and would disappear after you let go of the key. Glad to see a new picture.

Juggernaut needs adrenaline pills...badly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why not just have a general announcement about powerups so we don't have to bother with all that counting? Just have a quick message flash up on the screen thusly:

THE 100A IS ABOUT TO SPAWN!

THE 50A IS ABOUT TO SPAWN!

THE ELF SHOT THE FOOD!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if you play on ttm moded servers, you should be used to the clock by now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Clock could be helpful for timing powerups. There's been hundreds of debates about the ethics of timing and using timers(in-game and outside). I wonder what kind of reaction this will get from competitive players.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FireCrack
    wait a min, so your saying you turn your head? while playing!?
    Oh yea, strange but true.

Sometimes i blink while playing. Rest assured, i'm not a freak.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X